Focused feedback: Ally EXP

Ahaha! @TC_Clown you lose to a lady friend! :joy:

But on topic again, I’d also suggest a consecutive match bonus too. And for Horde it could be based on large numbers of waves like completing 25 and 50 consecutive waves together. Not sure how Escape could work though. Maybe a small gain for completing a chapter (as in reach a checkpoint) and a multiplier if the Hive is completed fully? Or if Ironman is not on, then an added bonus for not restarting from the checkpoint? Or if all 3 players get out alive?

2 Likes

Difficulty based XP and lower XP requirements should be a good start, like others said before me.

I’m wondering how much time they will take to update the system when this thread has already better ideas than The Coalition after three years of development.

2 Likes

I do think the Ally xp requirements is a bit crazy, I’ve played over a 1000 waves of horde, over 500 chapters of escape, gone through the entire campaign on co-op and I’m still a level 3 ally with one person.

I understand the need to make it a grind so that people have to work for their xp bonus, but if I’ve played that amount of Horde/escape (on higher difficulties), I should be at level 5, or at least very close to level 5.

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Clown’s offtopic thread

Please reduce the amount required. I dont like to play with the same people everyday. It gets boring and I like variety playing with different folks.

2 Likes

It seems as though the achievement was meant to gradual, over the lifetime of Gears 5. Sure, it seems a grind after only six months.
Taking this into account, my group is actually well on the way.
Time frame is, I think, a factor that should be considered.

1 Like

Lets just rename the achievements to Seriously Allies! and all the complaints will go away. :sunglasses::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Good idea for focused feedback threads.
I’m sure they planned the Ally XP to be earned over the 3 year roadmaps or whatever they’ve got, BUT horde should give more…
Also campaign. If I’m playing through the entire campaign with someone it should be rewarding

1 Like

I have 1000gs for this gm, i did it with 1 friend and 3 dummy profiles. The dummys were on a 3rd xbox (my friend has2)
We played guardian bots for the 30xp per win which is by far the fastesr way.
Just need to move pads tho or they get kicked
Found it faster this way that havn 5 ppl playing

Some maps r very good (vasgar) snipe leader 1st then 1 at sniper then claw bot 1 that just walks about and thers always 1 that goes back to pick the lancer that gets dropped at snipe… Lol
District is probs worst, leader can get lost in the back.

Even did master horde with 3 dummys a few times.

But yeah the 26125 xp u need for 1 lvl 5 ally is a bit much.
But TC should keep it as is…:grin:

1 Like

I mean I guess… But that’s not really playing with friends if you’ve got three dummies…

1 Like

Most my friends r dummys🤦‍♂️lol

1 Like

Reducing the total amount of XP needed by half sounds reasonable to me. It will still be a horrific grind from 40-50 hrs doing the same boring stuff over and over again, but more doable.
Getting about the same amount of ally xp per hour for horde and escape sounds even better. This way we could mix things up and work on grinding cards and characters at the same time!

5 Likes

Boost the xp earned from each mode for sure. I’ve played enough with one ally that’s it’s truly ridiculous we don’t even have the other achievement. It’s rare for the average joe to play that much with four others consistently. Don’t live for achievements, but when they become something people feel like that have to exploit a system to get it’s gone too far.

1 Like

You could argue the same point for the absurd reups grind which requires use of “clever game mechanic ‘exploitation’”, if you want to get anywhere within any reasonable amount of time. TC yet have to comment on it however, despite the ridiculousness of it and at least some complaints about it. In my view, such things should not/never be designed with grinders in mind cause it just screws over those who would rather level up through the regular course of playing. And/or don’t have unlimited amounts of time to be playing.

2 Likes

In my humble opinion, I see that Ally’s points should have the fun factor, not the grinding look and feel.
Ally points sources should have more variants:

• In some cases, I’d love to see special ribbon dedicated for that whether it’s in Versus or Horde,
    e.g Ally’s support which adds to Ally points.
  • I wanted an ally or to be an ally for some to help or get helped in the campaign. It’s good to collect all Relic weapons with an Ally, It will be fun to collect all Jack’s component with an Ally which could add to Ally points

Edit: Many thanks for the constructive topic…

1 Like

The XP requirement should absolutely be lowered. Halved at least. I understand the idea is to get it across a long period of time, but that isn’t any better of an expectation. To play horde or versus with the same five people (since campaign and escape are only 3 player) for months or years is absurd. Playing with friends is great, but playing with other people is too.

2 Likes

And even the amount of xp you get when playing with a level 5 ally is a joke…

2 Likes

Maybe every event can have double allies EXP (FFA doesn’t count). Or only 1 event in a month if TC doesn’t want to give allies EXP every week. I know that if they do a “Monday until Tuesday double allies EXP on the event of the week” many people maybe can’t play at that time.

2 Likes

I agree that the EXP amounts need to be changed. Getting to Lvl. 5 Allies is a grind to say the least. Either improve ally EXP gain or substantially lower the requirements. I don’t believe you should be able to hit Lvl. 5 status over night, but the amount required right now is absurd.

3 Likes

Large ammount required for the every level are empowered with low points gain from playing game, no points for lost rounds, waves, escape chapters. I think you should be getting points for time spent in any game mode rather than win/complete requirement.

2 Likes