Fix the text chat function

Everytime someone uses text chat all of their words are always ****** for no reason to me and I can never know what they’re saying because of it.

I highly confirm that, it’s been an issue lately that profanity filter censors even the words that do not belong under hate speech.

@jmelia123 Profanity filter is a mess lately :sweat_smile:

Turn on speech to text.

Speech to text only applys so that what YOU type in gets speech, not others because that will only happen if that person has it on.

No, it doesn’t. That’s text to speech. Speech to text turns whatever ppl are writing using TxS into text and also converts whatever ppl mumble in their mic into text.

People don’t use mics often and that’s really not the subject I’m talking about with this thread

1 Like

Are you actively trolling? Turn on speech to text in the menu and your problem’s solved

I’m talking about the chat text where you type in. If you still don’t know what I’m talking about, leave

You’re the one who’s dense since you don’t know what I’m talking about

I know exactly what you’re talking about since I had the same issue and presented the solution to you.
And instead of giving that a try you make yourself look like a clown.

1 Like

Speech to text just makes the game play a voice that reads out what you or other people say if THAT’S what your saying because it sure as ■■■■ doesn’t work

hi man , did you sleep ? :smile:

1 Like

READ! How does that make any sense to you.

I really losing my ■■■■■■■ patience with you. Just leave I’m sick and tired of you

Whatever profanity filter TC has at work in Gears 5 definitely doesn’t work. Every so often it tells me my lobby titles that are completely inoffensive and contain no bad words are deemed to have “unacceptable language” when they don’t. Very slightly annoying.

We posting memes now? Nice. Is this you?

That’s not OPs issue though. The game blurs out what people using text to speech write/say when you have speech to text turned off in the options.

Yes, I saw your topic explaining that, it’s a mess.

Thank you for your input.

Doesn’t seem to be an issue for me. I think what’s actually at fault here is the “profanity filter” option which tends to hide words in text chat behind stars… even if they’re not offensive or anything. I have both Speech to Text and Text to Speech turned off, as well as the profanity filter(cause it just doesn’t work properly), and have no issues with what is being described here.

Hence me saying TCs profanity filter is simply broken.

Weird. Met people with the same issue before and my solution usually solved that. The profanity-filter also should just blur out the “”“offensive”"" words.