Fix the chainsaw during reload issue!

Trying to rev up the chainsaw during a reload jams the gun!!! WHY???

You can CLEARLY tell the difference between a tap and a press-and-hold of the RB (to tell between starting a reload and starting a chainsaw rev up), but DURING A RELOAD, it’s like you forget about this logic… EVERYTHING is a reload/ active attempt, even when I AM HOLDING RB!! It’s such a common thing I find, I empty the lancer mag, and want to rev up the chainsaw after I run out of bullets… LIke it always used to work…

Fix your fracking game! YOU chose to mess with how the chainsaw works with this RB crap, fine, but make sure it doesn’t take away abilities we had in the old games, for frack’s sake!!

I am getting SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tried of these multiple instances of “hey, we wanted to do something NEW, so we fracked up a bunch of old, established things along the way… Hey,isn’t the new thing great!?”

5 Likes

I didnt know just how bad this was until I played the cog class cause he starts with a chainsaw. Let us map the chainsaw to another button and keep the reload the same.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is the first gears game ever where I have barely used the chainsaw, due to this problem.

It should be re-mappable. Having it on the same button/key as reload is a bizarre development decision.

1 Like

Couldnt agree more. Chainsaw has become obsolete because of this for me.

1 Like

Would be nice if they changed it back to b button.

1 Like

Gears Judgment did this RIGHT
Tab B = Melee
Hold B = Chainsaw
Problem solved

1 Like

I only use the chainsaw for reject or when something gets close to the fences. Pretty useful during the halloween event.

2 Likes