Fix Ranking System before gears 5!

I’m onyx 3 and I’m trying to get diamond me and my freinds are winning games and the percentage is not moving at all but if we loose one game it goes down, we win most games and I get MVP most of the time and it doesn’t reward us for doing well but it makes sure we go down if we loose, this is why this game isn’t popular anymore, please fix this it’s been 3 years . it’s not hard to make a ranking system simple. Been playing this game since gears 1 at least show us some loyalty back to the fans. It’s a joke.

2 Likes

Lol oh these “fix the ranking system” threads are hilarious. It’s even more funny that you ask for them to fix it before Gears 5 comes out which is literally 3 weeks to 3-1/2 weeks away. I can’t wait to see these threads when Gears 5 comes out.

3 Likes

You Obviously haven’t played ranked

2 Likes

It is actually difficult to make a good ranking system, to be honest. Especially when you get to higher level players, and their different playstyles.

Fixing it is obviously not that simple. Otherwise they would’ve done it at this point.

1 Like

It’s not a progression system. You got to perform better than your own team mates and kill a lot.

“ WHY AM I WINNING BUT NOT SEEING ANY TIER PROGRESSION?

Winning the match doesn’t always guarantee progression of your Skill Rating. Gears 4 uses a round based system, so every round you win or lose ultimately matters. Winning an Escalation 7-0 is much more beneficial than a 7-6 win. The quality of your opponents also makes a difference too!

Your personal performance towards the victory is also assessed, so be as impactful as you can out there on the battlefield. Additionally, if you squad up with teammates of a higher Rank and they outperform you, the system knows this and will make wins much less impactful to your Skill Rating.

Remember, the goal of a Skill Rating system is to accurately reflect your Skill. If you’re finding you’re not moving up or down, you are likely in an accurate spot for your current Skill until you improve further.

WHY DID I LOSE SO MUCH TIER PROGRESS FROM ONE LOSS?

While your behind the scenes Skill Rating is generally pretty stable, losing badly to weaker opponents you’re expected to beat or underperforming against those types of opponents may impact your behind the scenes Skill Rating.

Tiers are constantly trying to reflect that Skill Rating and your Tier Progress will move more sharply the further away they are from your actual Skill. You can recover by proving your skills again through play, but progress may be stunted for a time while you re-demonstrate your Skill Rating.

If you are in the Diamond 1-5 Ranks, you are among a population with extremely high skill with decimal point Skill differences. If you want to make it to the high Diamond Ranks, you need to win almost every round you play and perform extremely well.”

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/community/gears4-ranking-explained

You’re welcome. You can always use search bar to find many threads like your own.

1 Like