Fix matchmaking, or its just me? Koth

Hello guys, is anyone else having trouble with matchmaking? Im diamond 1, and sometimes the matchmaking just sucks, i get really bad teammates that im sure they arent even near onyx, they cant even properly aim, look, im not trying to make fun of them, its just really frustrating, that they will leave some minutes after the match starts, or do nothing at all, and the other team is ■■■■■■■ playing like they are going to the grand finals tomorrow, its really frustrating, specially as i cant play that much, so i usually have like 30min- 1hour free, and it just not enjoyable at all, does anyone else experience the same as me?
I really like the game man, and i enjoy playing it a lot, specially when the matchs are equilibrated, i dont care to lose, i just wanna play a good match, Thanks for reading

1 Like

It’s not just you. The matchmaking is really bad in this game and it seems to be worse since OP 3. When I play solo, I usually face nothing but stacks and then I get the bad teammates that you describe who usually quit by the 2nd round because they don’t like getting destroyed.

This is the worst matchmaking of any Gears by far. And it doesn’t help that the ranking system is mostly win/loss based so you get screwed over unless you absolutely slay.

2 Likes

I find the looking for a group option works about half the time.

1 Like

Matchmaking seems to be (going off my experience this week)… I get one maybe two decent teammates. Then the others are bots.

Can say for certain that I am not getting people who should be in my tier both on my team and the enemy squad.

I’m in Masters for KOTH; played with two buddies the other night at like 2:30 AM eastern… first game stacked team we got wiped. The next two games we were easily playing silver / bronze. Wildly inconsistent.

I’m with you though OP; the majority of my time I am queuing in solo. Just have to do the best you can with rotation and map control. Hopefully your team will work with you and not against you…

2 Likes

Seems to be hit or miss for me. Stacks are just impossible to play against when playing solo though

1 Like

Its just the match making. It’s just dumb dumb a** system. You can be a diamond and have 4 bronze and the other team can have silver gold and onyx and if your total skill points add up it’s a fair match. Just so stupid. Can’t forget getting a whole team of randoms with gamerscores that barley break a hundred or two and put up against a stack. Some player’s I seen don’t even know how to run.

1 Like

No just you, which is why you couldn’t find any other posts about the ranking system on this forum, twitter or reddit

1 Like

Yeah it sucks man :frowning: I was Diamond 3 top 10% loosing games but still going up points because of my performance but now I have dropped to Diamond 2: 74% I get true MVP and loose because I have people on my team that dont look like they have even played the game before I literally cant do anymore yet I get penalised for it it just makes no sense
I know this is what I get for playing solo but I dont always have people to play with

When the game first came out I would play Tdm get 30 plus ellims and still loose points it must be hard to get this ranking system right but man it sucks :frowning:

1 Like