Finally bought Gears 5

Finally gave in and bought 5 on sale. I have played every gears since 1 and while i abandoned mp i really want to see how the story plays out

Not concerned with microtransactions or any other dress up purchases.

Being away since 2017 coming back seems weird. I hope TC can craft a good story

1 Like

There are literally thousands of cosmetics in this game that you can play dress up with that don’t require you to spend an extra dime. Gears 5 was monetized horribly around launch, but it’s nowhere as bad now.

5 Likes

Thanks for the info. Been out of the loop for so long.

2 Likes

After you’ve beaten the campaign come back and tell us what you thought about it. Also after, I highly recommend checking out the PvE in this game because its widely regarded as the best in the series.

3 Likes

Welcome back!

Welcome back!

Share your feedback on campaign and I also highly recommend playing Hivebusters DLC before you dive into Escape mode.

Have fun!

3 Likes

If you try out escape on a difficult that isn’t beginner you will probably have fun, as much as I don’t like admitting it :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I dunno, feel like Judgement’s “Survival” Ran so Gears 4/5’s “Frenzy” could walk.

So why does almost everyone seem to say Overrun is J’s best mode rather than Survival?

Besides, J has class locks. Gears 5 removed that useless restriction. That alone takes it a step down the ladder.

1 Like

Welcome back.

You’ve probably inadvertently done the right thing by not playing until now, avoiding most of the major bugs with the game. Sure some still exist but that’s a different discussion.

Campaign isn’t the worst. It has long boring segments in regards to side quests but Act 2 is definitely interesting and Act 4 is enjoyable as well. I found the others very tedious.

PvE is definitely fantastic and extremely fun with friends, there’s not a shadow of doubt about that, but PvP is disastrous and unenjoyable since it’s latest patch which hindered the movement speed and flexibility.

But good luck regardless, I hope you enjoy it.

1 Like

Character locked classes with like 10 enemies to fight ? No thanks. Survival is easily bottom tier right next to Gears 2 Horde, for me.

1 Like

Koty, you changed your avatar and I didn’t recognize you.

Im gonna change it back to Lahni on the forums, the forum maintenance logged me out lol

3 Likes

It’s for the best that you stay away from mp…

But I heard PvE is amazing

Well I can’t sit back while everyone knocks PvP. But it’s very much an individual thing of course. Coming straight from GOW4, I hated it, and actually went back to GOW4 for quite a while. Felt clunky and I felt limited in what I could do. But I went back (can’t even remember why now) after a few tuning updates and eventually adapted over the course of weeks/months. Hell, I’m still learning and adapting.

The 120fps frame rate on Series X and defaulternate control scheme made it much more tolerable for me. But like I said it’s very much based on individual taste.

1 Like

Id recommend FFA.

I despise 5s pvp but FFA somehow alleviates my gripes with versus. Its a shame that the FFA maps all make me feel like im playing escape but its a minor issue compared to the mode itself. Very enjoyable 10/10 recommend.

1 Like

14 player is all tile maps except Village. A shame, because Ritual and Regency would have worked fine for this mode too.

8 player FFA is available on all maps.

Wait seriously? I swore that FFA was solely on those custom maps?

Man my memory is selective :joy:

Thank goodness. I’m too used to it! It’s like if Pepper changed from being a default-yet-colourful Hedgehog!

Me no like change.
1 Like