Gears Forums

Feedback, Suggestion for Gears 5 Multiplayer

Hello! My name is Nutella, I wanted to give some feedback on the Gears 5 feedback or make some fun suggestions to add into the game. I hope the Gears Dev team see this and keeps my suggestion on taps. I loved all Gears of war game and I’m hoping my suggestion and feedback helps. It came up in my mind and wanted to share with everyone.

Make G.O.L.F playlist (Gnasher only. Long shot/EMBAR, Fast respawn) Get into 50 kills just like Gears 5 or make it TDM 2 or 3 rounds. Only for Veteran Gears player, it should have a warning sign for newbies that this is for skilled veteran players.

Bring back Wingman, Capture the Leader and other classic Gears playlist. Perhaps a Classic Gears playlist with just COG vs Locust and OG Weapons and not the new ones. Also, consider bringing back Beast mode or Overrun, like judgment.

Have Group Execution! Normally people like to Tbag and swing their smoke grenade and be silly when someone snub execute the last remaining player, why not introduce a group execution, as everyone joins in beating up the last player or have different animation like someone holds the chainsaw while the person drags him towards it.

Meatshield run! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXIjDzlGc5I
I figured since Meatshield will be kinda more often in Gears 5, why not run with the meat shield. Also instead of the OG neck snap, why not execute the captive with your pistol as well.

Do some death animation when roadie running headshot or getting chainsawed, Rather than just the plain / oh I’m dead, why not add some struggling and or different execution, like see the guts being spilled or have an execution that last long but gives you more XP. Like maybe chainsaw the person in half and kick him, or chainsaw his legs and then his head. Be creative! The longer the default execution, the better the XP you are rewarded.

You can change weapons while you roadie running. Come on, it’s been 12 years and this hasn’t been a feature.

PLEASE BRING BACK GOLF GNASHER B EXECUTION, LIKE THE ONE IN GEARS OF WAR 2 WHERE YOU PRESS B AND YOU GOLF EXECUTE THEM QUICKLY, IT WAS MY FAVORITE QUICK B KILL IN HISTORY OF ALL TIME.

Reward Gears Veteran greatly. Compensate them with their loyalty to the franchise. Maybe like Gold skin or awesome weapon skin or effects. Show them that they deserve every bragging right for sticking with the Gears of War franchise. Maybe have them rewarded for playing all Gears game if they auto-detect the player’s achievement in Gears

For PC and perhaps Xbox, not only Dedicated servers are important, Try adding Server browser! And Mods too, have the PC community be creative! Mod things up, have custom server modded areas, Steam workshops, etc. Mods are what attracts players and creative player, If you want a successful PC launch, enable the modder community and be friendly to them. From Custom skins or weapons, it’s always a blessing to have mods or maps and community

Have Gears of war 3 unlockable way. Make weapon skins just purchasable or earnable.

That’s my two cents, I hope everyone likes it or have the Dev take a gander at it. Probably not but that’s my take of what could be awesome and nice as we approach for Gears 5. Learn from what Gears of War 3 did, Coalition!

And it’s my first time posting here too so I just wanted to be the ideas guy, haha but that’s my little fantasy if the coalition did listen to us but I’m sure they are. Thanks for hearing me out!

Not sure if you missed the very first topic, pinned to the top of the forum, which is “Gears 5 Feedback” and has a fair few replies but at the moment, that’s where TC is consolidating all feedback into one place.

Your feedback is treated the same and valuable just as everyone else’s and that’s the best place to post or else imagine if everyone made their own thread - you wouldn’t want it to get lost in the hundreds/thousands of topics.

For your benefit - here it is :blush:

1 Like

Ah okay! Thank you! I’ll post it there!

2 Likes