[FEEDBACK] Gears 5 Mod support/ Custom gametypes

With the plan to launch a Custom Map Editor for version, it’s a good first step to embrace community driven content that can creates awesome maps for both casual or pro scene.

I was wondering if we could have the same for Gametypes by either giving the community the ‘‘sandbox options’’ (Movement speed, Wall bounce Delay, Damage output, Active reload %, etc.) to mess around in Custom Games OR with Mod support on separate version of the game(No matchmaking, No anti cheat) like Halo MCC PC is doing.

I think this could help to find new ways to play the game and keep it fresh by creatin NEW Gametypes (like @OpTic_AshesX is doing) or just update current Gametypes. I know the game has a lot to do before adding Quality of Life stuff like this tho.

3 Likes

Been saying for ages.

1 Like

Gametypes stayed the same pretty much since GOW2, could be fun to mess with them in Custom Games, maybe find something new or find a good tuning, etc.

Might even help tc out a bit to let us change things and if a particular tuning got popular enough, maybe they’d have this eureka moment where they realize “maybe our current way of doing things isn’t the best after all”.

2 Likes

Indeed, it would decentralize the content/tuning ‘‘burden’’ from TC a bit by giving the community the tools to create content, testing tuning beforehand, etc. I thing Xbox games coming to PC have to embrace not only the PC performance, but the PC ability to create custom content. Halo is doing a great job a it, could be better, but they acknowledge the modding community