Falling over when I die

I don’t get bodied anymore, I just played a game where I died by a planted frag but I was far enough away that I just kind of limped over and died. Every time I get gnashered in koth I just limp over, but I only get 98% or 99% when I hit them but why does this happen. I have great ping, usally nothing over 30. HELP! This isn’t gears, I want to explode when I die!

2 Likes

Do you have gore off? Check your settings.

3 Likes

Of course I don’t, i just can’t seem to find consistency in the gnasher. Something with after I shoot I back up a tiny bit and when they shoot I just flop /: rarely happened in any other gears but it seems to be every or atleast every other death in this game. I just can’t tell if it’s my connection to the game or just the game itself, only in 5 though…

Finally. TC making a stand for our children. Who knows what kind of psychological damage watching a person get blown up does to a child.
We should be thankful, really.

4 Likes

It happened often enough to you.

Any lasting damage?

3 Likes

Yes. Everyone calls me a clown and doesn’t take me seriously.

4 Likes

It really is frustrating but you just need to adapt until they fix the broken gnasher tuning.

They are also many other factors that play into this such as server location of the players,
lag compensation, packet loss etc.

1 Like

LoL “fix”. I have dreams to.

2 Likes

No one took you seriously the moment you took a job with TC.

…or are you.

2 Likes

I just don’t get why they don’t just DO IT we’ve been asking since gears 3 lol, I would rather use a gears 2 gnasher at this point. I would rather have sawed off and retro back then to use this gnasher ever again!

Even with gore on sometimes gibs just don’t happen visually. Many times I get a shotgun kill and they flop backwards, rewarding me with a headshot kill.

There may sometimes be a bug where within Gnasher gib range the enemies just drop dead instead of falling apart, even when not headshotted. Could be that what is being referred to in this thread(probably is).

I also noticed being at the very edge of a frag’s kill radius results in a body not getting torn apart but flung away(if the AI or player was standing at the time of death). It also comes with its own death sound which for the Swarm (Drones and subtypes) is just comical/funny.

1 Like

It can happen when you are outside of gib damage, when server fails to tell client to gib body, when player has set proper setting preventing showing gore, or when player went dbno 2 times and is shot 3rd time, outside of gib range.

I dunno if grenade or any explosive has any gib range set, but gnasher had and mostly what you encounter is that server badly sent a no gib death-due to poor connection or other network errors

1 Like