Ezzzzzzz rather than gg?

“ez” is kind of obnoxious. I miss the days of more sportsmanship with gg.
I respond to any ez with gg. Treat others as you would like to be treated.
I know I’ll get haters that say “get over it”, “it’s just a joke”, “its just a game”, etc. I know. It’s not a big deal, it’s just too bad to see how many people make an effort to be unpleasant toward others.

39 Likes

People have said ez to me when they lose. Its just a term that lost meaning as games go on. I also always reply with “u are” at any given chance.

6 Likes

What annoys me more is when the worse player in the match goes ez, like, you were carried to your win.

I guess its a gaming trend that we alone are powerless to stop.

But unpleasantries have been around for a long time, even going back to the Gears 1 days and Halo 3, when it was rife.

11 Likes

You can even get away with “No U”

3 Likes

That’s my secondary go to

2 Likes

I’ve been saying You Are to people in real life too and they just look at me like wtf lol

1 Like

For some Reason I think the South of the border player’s misinterpret the meaning or it’s the only English they know. So they just use it to use it. Even when they lose they wanna be the first to say Ez. I wrote “Easy” back the person that wrote “Ez” responded Easy? Like they had no clue.

6 Likes

You’re right that it does seem to come from more non-english speakers.

2 Likes

I get this feeling a lot too. They just say it to say it. Meaning be damned.

2 Likes

If I get bagged you’re getting the “ez”

Some players just bag me for no reason.

Got bagged by 3 masters & 2 d3 on king the other day. & I had gold 3 & onyx players. I don’t know how but yeah. Bagged them back.

Anyway it was 2-1 so I was happy about that.

Slapped them with an “ez” even though I lost.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter what some ppl type u always see “ur mom” as a reply,:thinking:

6 Likes

agreed.

what gets me is stacks that do this against solo players, or 5 v 3 or 5 v 2 when you have quitters. I mean really common. they hunt you at 3 on 1 and call it ezzz.

the worst is now in ranked. I am silver 2 and and solo was place with 3 gold 3 and one onyx. guess what? had to play 4 diamonds and one Onxy 3. and then they say ezz.

WTF. it better be easy if 3 D are hunting a silver 2…I got one at least. Silver rules baby…smile

6 Likes

@SamuraiEdgeEX What we should do is come up with new exclusive Forum terminology and start using it in game and see how long it takes to spread. Just to troll in a certain kinda of way. Be great if it spread like wild fire lol. Got a buddy who used “Get Dunked On” last night was the funniest S*** in the moment.

2 Likes

My usual reply: “In Your Dreamz”

3 Likes

Speak like Yoda… You must ^^

“EZ, you are!”

2 Likes

Yeah exactly this. People saying ‘ez’ at the end of a match when they’re against fewer people or lesser ranks are just absurd people.

1 Like

I miss the days when people actually talked in game chat and u wanted to win because they where tsling smack

Yeah man, definitely a lot of folks who are not gracious in winning.Especially when the worst player on their squad says it. In the grand scheme it may be lame but its nothing too major. I say that because I remember the pre and post game lobbies from the Halo 4 days. Some SERIOUS ■■■■ talking. I remember plenty of matches where it was a tough game and the post game chat just turned into name calling and downright insults and things that might get you banned today. This was also live over mics, not typing. So dudes were seriously intense in their ■■■■ talking. So I look at this EEEEEZZZZ type stuff as YAAAAWN.

3 Likes

agreed,

solo players might do much better if they just game chatted or party. get a head set its not that exspensie. I play late night when fam is asleep and i have to be quiet, but i still manage to be on mic. most times rageing.lol but i can call out or at least listen to help support.

3 Likes

I think we should start game chatting getting it back to how gears 2 was I remember as soon as a i found a match we would talk ■■■■ it was fun tho now they type its so gay thats not gears

1 Like