Extra skill cards

Can you please make it where we can cash in the additional skill cards after we reach the max level of the skill. Would be very helpful. And thank you for making campaign with the modifiers, and being able to use the skins we have acquired in other modes. :star_struck:

1 Like

They have confirmed in a dev stream that they are looking into this.

1 Like

In my view, the scrapping system needs 3 key features:

1. You can only scrap duplicates once the card is maxed to level 6. You can’t scrap any old card just because you don’t think you or your team needs it. This would be a one-time process because of point 2.

2. Once a card is maxed it should be removed from the pool of potential cards dropped. That way everyone will always be progressing towards maxed classes AND maxed cards.

3. Card scrap should only be allowed to be used to upgrade other cards. Not turned into coins to be spent on skins or other nonsense.

I am aware that this system would create a need to rework rewards for dailies and for when all cards are maxed because there would be no incentive to keep playing if you are at level 20, with maxed cards. Maybe, like the tour of duty prestige system, you get coins once all your cards for that class are fully maxed. I will leave that one to the boffins to figure out.

1 Like

Whats the possibility of introducing level 7 cards?

1 Like

I think very low. Every time they raise the level cap they have to rebalance all the card percentages across all levels. This is because they don’t want the game to get significantly easier just by adding another 10% damage or speed for the next card. It is a lot of work and will use up time and money they don’t have. They certainly won’t introduce a level 7 AND a scrap system. Can you imagine how angry everyone will be if they scrap their dupes and then find out they could have been kept for the level 7s which would probably need 30 or even 40 duplicates to buy!

1 Like

What would be the point? When Lv6 was introduced plenty of cards wer nerfed and even now the upgrade from 5 to 6 is pathetic for most cards.

5 Likes

No, just allow us to scrap them for Gears Coins AKA “Scrap”. We don’t need a third currency next to that and Iron.

2 Likes

Hmm fair point. Ok well I still don’t think you should be allowed to scrap a card until it is already at max. I think that is pretty key.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind it too much, but the Gears of War 4 system worked pretty well. You could scrap cards between upgrade levels. That way cards that don’t get any use can get scrapped for coins that can be used for upgrading cards that do. I understand from your point of view you want people to continue the grind with that statement, but at this point, I think most people are already sick of it.

1 Like

That is why I am thinking they could make it so that maxed cards are removed from the reward pool which will reduce the grind in an ever-increasing amount each time a game is played. When there are no more cards to obtain for a class, you could get the equivalent value in coins. I mean already once you are at level 20 there is less incentive to use those classes because the xp is pointless. That goes double when you have all cards maxed.

1 Like

I think that’s definitely a good idea to implement on top of the Gears 4 system. It would basically give people the most freedom in how they manage their cards.

1 Like

id like it if duplicates of cards could be exchanges in a 4 to 1 or 2-1 or 3-1 ratio into other cards. dont think the amount of gears coins u can get from duplicates will/should be high ,as that is bad for business.

1 Like

I like all your points especially 2. This would be the commonsense thing to do.

The other idea I also has was getting cards for cards you only equip while playing, so once you max a certain card out you equip another that you wanna max out. This way you would rotate through all your cards and see different play styles. The drop rate of some cards is absolutely ridiculous!

There are so many cards that I never used but are maxed out.

1 Like

And brought them back if you’re willing to cooperate with another player. And they’re a lot more devastating now.

Like most classes are? Not OP per se, but if you know what you’re doing most classes feel “op”.

Lol no. Even some of the mutators in the dailies are better than 3s.

Recharge bounty - Cooperation - Interrogation // Custom Lancer GL - Confirmed Kill - Spotter support

JD/Kait/Fahz/Lahni/Paduk/Mac/Marcus/Clay/Lizzie/Keegan - idk I’d say there’s enough to choose from.

So does Fahz in combination with Marcus. And we already had infinite active reloads as a mutator,

They’ve been saying scrap systems are coming in the next OP since OP3. If I was holding my breath, I’d have passed out by now

2 Likes