Even more tuning changes

I didn’t ask for that terrible tuning lmao. I was happy with what we had.

Testing the tuning right now — this will make the game more fun, and greatly benefit people like me but what it won’t do is change the meta of the game or how it’s played. It’s still a game of hOLdINgGGg URrR sHOTZTtzTZTTz, going right up to people and point blanking them for a chunk, except now it’s easier to do that with bounce than it was before. This won’t impact power weapon effectiveness, and will barely make a dent in how strong lancers are.

We need a GoW 2 Remaster so TC can spend extra years perfecting Gears 6.

1 Like

gears UE lasted like a year and a half lmao. the only remaster that would actually keep people in is probably gears 3.

However, id welcome a remaster of gears 2. I missed out on the old xbox live days :pensive:

1 Like

Bring back Gears 4 tuning so Gears 6 could have some spotlight then TC could proceed from there

1 Like

R.I.P slow players as it didn’t last for long!

1 Like

The meta has been to go for the two shot down since it’s so easy to get. And the test tuning does have changes to the power weapons as well. Mainly less bullet mag on precision weapons and slower active t bow revving.

I read about this earlier. His source is Avexys. Check this video:

I hope to hear some official word from TC soon though, to fully confirm it.

It would be about damn time they reverted this god awful tuning. Operation 5 Drop 1 still had the best tuning by miles, but this is at least a good step in the right direction for once.

3 Likes

The meta has been to go for the two shot down since it’s so easy to get.

No it is not — the meta is very clear and obvious, watch any tournament you want to watch or better yet pay attention to how many kills & deaths you’re getting with two shots against how many chunks. Chunks are the most common shotgun kill by far, and holding your shot is the meta by far — and it’s still the meta now.

1 Like

People have been playing for chunks since 3. The meta is in such a weird state because it’s a combination of me getting flash backs of gow 2 2 shot down and gears 3 players trying to head down everything

When you play for chunks in 3 it’s somewhat skillful because the meta actually was to shoot your gun at the other person as opposed to holding your shot. In Gow3 you didn’t play for the 2 shot down though, you just played for damage on the player and tried to outshoot them, you wound up getting two shot downs without actually playing for them.

If you have to actually outshoot someone, the game requires so much more skill than when you’re just hitting 30 walls, cancels and fakes until they’re lined up and you hit RT — and that’s the best case scenario. Most of the time it’s some kind of Up-A or animation fight that you’re either doing or which is being done to you.

I think this tuning is better, but that’s only because it improves upon the skill-gap and slightly separates players more. It’s not going to change the meta though — you’re going to get two shot downed almost exactly as much as you do now, and people are going to walk up to you for chunks the same amount. This tuning just helps good players, and PC players.

1 Like

Isn’t the time to down for the lancer slow, compared to other iterations in the series?

I know it can get really oppressive when teams coordinate and know the angles, I just don’t know what the happy medium would be.

Maybe it should be balanced around the top percentage of players, maybe it should be casual, idk.

As long as we don’t see balance logic of "everything is OP, therefore it is balanced. "

Isn’t the time to down for the lancer slow, compared to other iterations in the series?

The time to down isn’t slow compared to others in the series, but thats not the issue — it’s the accuracy of the weapon and the ease of use. If you’re in a private match shooting someone who isn’t playing, I’m pretty sure Gow1 has the fastest TTK lancer, but it’s hard to use. Gow5s is the easiest lancer to use, and it’s TTK is closer to Gow4 core than Gow4 comp.

Just to be clear — I’m not doing that if I’m on console, but that’s an example of the power the weapon has and the ease of use which is the biggest problem.

I know it can get really oppressive when teams coordinate and know the angles, I just don’t know what the happy medium would be.

Maybe it should be balanced around the top percentage of players, maybe it should be casual, idk.

I just watched the first map of this series for something else, it’s Control Regency — the lancer legitimately is at an all-time high for how oppressive it is. It very clearly rivals Gow3, and at some points looks more oppressive than Gow3.

I genuinely think if the game itself was just balanced around what would be best for competitive, you’d see a lot of what everyone seems to want.

• You’d have really fast movement, probably Gow4s fastest movement or faster. With no delays apart from a massive shot delay coming out of rolls (in order to punish mistakes).

• A weaker shotgun which fired at a faster rate and had Gow3-tier range. The dropoff instead of being Kill>99>>90>>80>>60>>33>10>1 would be more like Kill>90>>80>>70>>60>>50>>40>>30>>20>>10>1

• A weaker lancer with more stopping power — it’s like a 12/13 bullet down, it should be like 18/19, even that might be too powerful.

The problem is that their idea of balancing the game for competitive was just making the shotgun have no range at all, forcing everyone to just head down everything they see at all times and play for chunks — I think they clearly did this to try and improve watchability, but it’s certainly not good for the experience of playing the game competitively.

But then when we got this tuning(live tuning), it only works when everyone is on regular 50fps xbox’s, and it’s kind of boring there anyway. It dramatically harms the most mechanically taxing and second most skillful aspect of the game — movement (which might be good because most pros are 18-24 with varying degrees of carpal tunnel from Gow4/5) and it makes the game more boring for everyone at all levels.

As long as we don’t see balance logic of "everything is OP, therefore it is balanced. "

This logic lead us to the one game that actually felt balanced, Gow3.

1 Like

Finally…

1 Like

@SnubbbS A shotgun should be a one shot weapon at close range. Holding your shot is a skil. Knowing when to pull that trigger to get a 100% instead of a 99%. And being patient enough to do it or closing quick enough to get the one shot kill. That.is why people play Gears. For the shotgun and for chunks. And I dont.feel like the Lancer is Op in one persons hands. With a coordinated stack, it doesnt matter what the lancer tuning is. If they setup and know the spots and angles, you will get cut down.

That’s how some games are successful. They balance for the top players, which actually makes the experience better for lower skilled players too.

That’s where a ranking system or mmr would need to be functional, which is a bit off topic lol.

Personally, I don’t think gears 3 really felt all that balanced. 2 shot cannon gnasher, plus rifles that were way too powerful and versatile made the game frustrating.

I think the gnasher and lancer tuning you suggested in your table would probably work fine, not too keen on stopping power however.

Most fights are just 2 shot downs and gibs currently, with lancer fire downing people at 99 percent in one bullet.

I’m all for changes that add more dimensions to the gameplay.

Holding your shot is the least skillful aspect of using the weapon — the only reason anyone would like it is because it dumbs the game down for them.

@snubbs okay. Makes sense. We should all just blast away at ranged weapons distance with a shotgun.

Good to know you’re incapable of imagining a scenario where someone does anything between walking up to people not shooting their gun at all, and firing shots across the map.

1 Like