EU friends are we screwed? (Competitive moving to smash.gg)

Just read that esports post and they said they’re gonna update on “how they’re using the new platform”. Suffice to say that EU friends will probably be ■■■■■■ out of future competitive rewards due to the fact we can’t afford to stay up that long that often or at all.

I know this is premature complaining but I don’t see any change to the points system being positive for Europeans. Anyone familar with smash.gg know what sort of systems they’ve got going on?

1 Like

We’ve always been screwed regarding esports streams.

Gg tc👍

6 Likes

Move to the US. We got BBQ

2 Likes

for every kind of games or event, EU has always been f up

1 Like

The world revolves around America
this comes from an American

2 Likes

Also here in Australia matey haha

6 Likes

Always has been meme*
EU players have always missed out on rewards unless you are willing to stay up early in the AM.
I know a lot of people missed out on eSports Kait due to this.

2 Likes

Lol would help with the fact my ping is always 100 minimum because otherwise if I switch to “lower ping” matches can take ages to find.

Fixed it for ya!

1 Like

1 Like

Someone need to put a dedicated euro esports team together to take it to them, might make them spend a bit more thought to us Europeans if we are in there winning some matches.

1 Like

Yeah but then they’d all complain about EU ping and try to get them banned lmao

2 Likes

I had this discussion with TC Sera, but as you can see… we are not a priority …or worse, not even considered.

the discussion was back on May 17th during Esports when they were doing Watch and earn system

1 Like

Just playing Devil’s advocate a bit, but any change in time will also significantly screw with views in North America too.

If you consider that right now the streams start at 22:00 in the UK; and 23:00 for much of Europe, this translates to 14:00 on the West Coast US; and 17:00 on the East Coast.

Granted, people with different jobs will work different times. But if we take the average (or “average”) job being a 09:00-17;00 kinda thing, then the streams already cut into many viewer’s work days if they’re on the West Coast; or at best will start right as they finish work (if they’re East Coast) when they’re commuting home (unless they’re fortunate enough to be working from home).

If the streams start any earlier based on UK and European times, then it’s going to cut even more into workers’ working days in North America.

Basically what I’m saying is, it’s a bit of a no-win situation for the community as a whole. If you make changes to accommodate one group, then the other group gets screwed. In that sense it becomes a case of damage-limitation - focus on accommodating the region/timezone where your biggest audience/fanbase is because they can’t please everyone. Timezones are unchangeable.

Plus, once you throw in the fact that not everyone works 09:00-17:00 hours, things become even more frustrating because some people will lose out entirely regardless of changes.

And I say this as a UK-based viewer who experiences these 03:00 stream finishes (or “viewer” :wink: )

1 Like

Yeah basically the english speaking business world revolves around America. They could at least drop the skins earlier to be more considerate.

1 Like

Why don’t they just show the stream live for North American viewers and repeat it at a different time more convenient for EU viewers?

Or is that too simple?

Wait for the rise of China!

1 Like

They kinda ■■■■■■ below 18s out of gaming though lol

1 Like