Gears Forums

ERROR 0X82D40004 Unreadable disc

othercreations

(Gto57) #1

Hello, I would like to know if anyone is experiencing this problem with his Gears of War 4 game on the “XboxOne Slim” console?

Because for a few days, my player can not read the starting range of the game, while with a new game and in good condition there is no problem.
2nd remark, this same game (GOW4), I was able to install it on a new console “XboxOne X” without interruption or reading problem and without having to clean it.

So, technically, the application “xbox wizard”, is mistaken about the state of my player after the checks: cleaning disks, profile reinstallations, update download “blu-ray player”, reading and installation of the game on another console, and system reboot.

Information date of purchase: (m/d/y)

• The GOW4 Game: 11/05/2016
  • the “Xbox one S”: 11/24/2017

(Hot Chili Fries) #2

If it’s able to install and play onto another xbox, it may just be the lens in your Xbox One S. I’ve had problems with DVDs that barely have a smudge on it and my Xbox says they’re unreadable. Hate to say it, but your best bet is to go digital with issues like this. Gamepass is super cheap and GOW 4 is on it, so once you sign up for it, you’ll be able to play it without the disc.

(Stealth Ninja X) #3

I have the disc version on my One X and I never once had problems with my console reading it. Are you sure your disc is in good condition?

(diablo vs24) #4

Your disc drive may getting ready to malfunction. I’ve had that occur in both a 360 and an x1. In both cases they started out not playing certain games but playing others just fine; but, eventually they wouldn’t play any.