Emote idea : Need support/backup

If this particular idea has been thrown around already or is already present in-game, forgive me, but I haven’t seen or found such. If mods believe this belongs into some other already existing thread on the subject as a whole, feel free to move it.

Anyway, what I’m here to ramble about :

I’ve been thinking of some idea for this type of emote where your character basically calls out from support to others if you use it. Imagine this, you’re playing one of your CQC classes, or just a class not best suited to handling multiple big enemies, and the game decides that two Boomshot Scions come your way and you throw your first flash at the first one, but the other shows up shortly afterwards and your second flash either misses, gets eaten by the void or only stuns one of both. Naturally, you’re not going to charge either down unless you have an EMBAR at hand or are an Infiltrator with Cloak and position yourself in a way to get both in one go. Or you have a desire to get yourself killed by them.

So what do you do? Well, certainly there is a point to be made that you can use a mic, but I don’t think most people do with randoms especially, and stopping to type in text chat when said Boomshot Scions may decide to move up on you also isn’t the greatest idea(and people may have it turned off or it simply is not working for them). So I thought having this type of emote or whatever you wanna call it could be a potentially rather useful addition for quick callout that you need help, if TC even bothered to put it in at this point. And, as I alluded to in the beginning paragraph, if it doesn’t already exist. This is also just an example situation, you can of course apply the same to a Bastion shielded Warden charging down your lane while the shield bot is hiding somewhere out of sight and you’re not a class that really benefits from keeping a Boomshot around, and many others situations.

Thoughts? And yes, people may still not pay attention but sometimes they actually do.

2 Likes

I support this.

Also let players spam an emote while they are currently down so your character will say they are downed. Because for some reasone people don’t pick up on 4 or so major ways the game tells you a teammate is downed. So many times im down for like 20 plus seconds, not even that far away from a teammate, and they’ll type “oh sorry didn’t know you were down” lol

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that the indicator doesn’t always show up or stay up when someone goes down.
So more ways to notice people is good in my view.

3 Likes

Yeah unfortunately that can happen for some reason.

I would appreciate something like this.

Especially for CQC classes, would ‘cover me!’ maybe work? Kinda more for when you are about to make a push or something though I think.

I personally ALWAYS use ‘capture the objective!’ to help get people aware of re-securing the energy taps. Doesn’t always work, but I have definitely noticed people suddenly refraining from killing the last enemy to come help get the tap.

Emotes can be helpful for sure.

1 Like

The best thing is that pretty much all characters already have a recorded line to that effect which could be used as an emote (probably).

3 Likes

When Benjamin is getting Down, and spamming “You sucked”…I would let him die.

Speaking to the Topic, I hope this Feature can be added in Gears 6, probably a Button to use for “Calling Out”

or TC can remove the “Revive” option for sure to Kill this Series again like GoW 1~3 you’re able to get up again once your “Bar” is fully recharge .

2 Likes

I think it may be a good idea if in GOW6, is to enable more emotes to be used - maybe using a radial wheel with 8 slots - left, right, up, down plus diagonals). Also there are 4 preset emotes which are default audio emotes and cannot be removed which all serve a practical function like “group up”; “need back up!” etc; and then for some extra free slots which the player can customise with their silly ones.

4 Likes

I mean an emote specifically saying the characters lines that they say when they are down. Like when Lahni goes down she’ll say “I’m dying over here”. Basically just give the option to say the characters downed lines so people notice.

3 Likes

If emotes changed to down phrases whilst down, that’d do it.(which is what I believe you meant)

3 Likes

Exactly what i mean.

1 Like

Like GTA style (I don’t know), but it’s really Good for this Idea. I pretty much prefer this.

However, I’m not sure what TC would do in Keyboard, so probably using 1…2…3…4…5…6…7…8…9…0

In this Case, I would prefer to use a Button like “T” for opening the “Emote Package” and Mouse Click to use the Emote.

1 Like

I would love a back-up callout. I still think TC should expand it to a wheel so you can have more than 4.

1 Like

That would be nice. In my experience however ramdoms don’t pay attention/ don’t care about your emotes.
I used to spam “take the objective” in horde frenzy when there was only 1 enemy left downed, so we could get taps. Only to have a trigger happy teammate kill it.

I stopped doing since it worked less than 50% of the time.

1 Like

I do not use emotes in Horde all that often but use in game chat text a good deal, if needed!

Mp, I use Take the objective and maybe Group up. Oh and my characters laugh…I kid, I kid :wink:

1 Like

I use voiced emotes all the time (not spamming i should add) to communicate with randoms in classic when they stray too far for a revive in classic mode. I’d like to see more choice and possibly more than 4

1 Like