Edible Locust Parts? (Updated with Amazing Poll)

So say, if you had to. Would you eat a Locust?

Like in a survival situation. If there was nothing else but Thrashies and Whey… would you eat a Locust.

And if so, what type of Locust… and how do you think it would taste?
Thread inspired by a question posed by @WD_Hawkeye

We have a questionnaire here; https://forms.gle/bRtFEbbCMZ7XgTzs6

1 Like

Screw it. I’d eat a wretch. BBQ it up.

3 Likes

It’s just a giant grasshopper, so why not.

1 Like

If we are talking about real life - if circumstances are such that there is no other way, then yes. Locust just like ants and termites are mostly protein.

If we are talking about the game Locust. Then it’s a hard pass for me. I’d rather perish.

I do mean Gears of War Locust, yes

1 Like

That’s what I said, sodium chloride.

2 Likes

… I don’t think so. Even if the human digestive system could handle Locust meat, there’s no way I’d ever want to put any of that in my mouth, in no small part due to the presence of Imulsion in their bodies, or its remnants on their evolved counterparts after the counter measure. But also since they appear to stink pretty badly, according to the characters.

4 Likes

You’re telling me a Corpser Omelet doesn’t sound good to you? Come on.

2 Likes

I thought we were talking about the meat here. Eggs, well, still might want to be careful around any potential Imulsion contents around that if you were to eat one during the Locust War.

Although I’d be more concerned about Momma Corpser first.

I’m taking that risk everytime.

2 Likes

Yeah… I don’t think I’d take the risk. Especially since hatchlings or teen Corpsers(for lack of a better term) are likely going to be around the nest too, and even a Corpser that’s still growing up can easily kill you. Not to mention that they are likely going to attract mom and dad.

1 Like

My man!

1 Like

That question though.

Poll doesn’t have an “Absolutely not” option, so I’ll leave completing it to the amateurs of reptilian meat.

1 Like

I imagine corpsers would be like crab legs. Just crack 'em open and suck out the meat. Although you would need a comically sized crab leg cracking device.

2 Likes

This is what this thread was made for.

1 Like

Also learned from my comment I was going to call it a comically sized crab leg crack3r. But apparently that word is banned lol

1 Like

Listen here Buster. This is 'Merica. We don’t use none of them devil letters with the squiggly line above the “N”.

1 Like

THERE’S A SQUIGGLE OVER THE “A” NOT AN “N”—Mister.

1 Like

Listen here bucko, there can be an Ñ

I’ve had fried locust before it’s not bad. Bit of salt and a coke it goes down pretty well.

1 Like