Don't hate on master ranks

Iv have master rank a few times now but it brings with it heat, iam expected to get 70 kills a game or there’s always someone talking poop, but iam not at that level and that’s not my play style, very time I get this rank the messages aren’t far behind. I didn’t ask to be put in this rank and rightfully so I don’t belong init same rank as professional

1 Like

I got paired in KOTH with diamonds and silvers against all masters and they use game chat that I’m not doing enough like if I’m supposed to be god mode all of a sudden

then they sit at spawn and quit so I’m left to lose GP; should also be consequences for players like that

3 Likes

There are many ‘Masters’ who clearly don’t deserve to be there. Most of them know this but at the same time most of them believe the opposite, which is all the more hilarious.

Personally I’d still rather they do without the system entirely. I remember a time where people were recognised by nothing other than their actual name. Simpler and much more enjoyable.

8 Likes

agreed, thats how I remembered people on UE. I either tremble at the sight of their name or I laugh hysterically.

1 Like

I agree with this.

Developed rivalries against teams and players you automatically recognized; it made for a fun match

1 Like

I always say you’re only as good as your last game, but that was before Rank. It’s all about Rank now…

Remember when k/d was king?

3 Likes

There are many ‘Masters’ who clearly don’t deserve to be there. Most of them know this but at the same time most of them believe the opposite, which is all the more hilarious.

At this point and time I don’t even know which is true or not. I mean I don’t really care if I’m not a “real” masters but I’d like to believe I’m an alright player to some degree?

I Only really feel bad about this situation when I go against someone clearly much better than me. Usually someone I have a really hard time killing or just overall outplays me/hits more shots.

Honestly I’d love to know from a TRUE MASTERS point of view what I look like as a player to them.
sidenote it also feels like everyone who has multi masters uses claw+alt or just non-default in general.

1 Like

Block and move on ?

1 Like

I use Tournament, but I know my skill level is in the Onyx tier, however im horrible at 5 so im like a gold now.
My profile pic is supposed to let people know my rank but I dont think anybody cares :pensive:

1 Like

They have a point Dow, I shouldn’t be in this rank it’s got me playing against Player much much much better than me, so it not fun, every game iv got to try my ■■■■ off

I feel personally on an even playing ground I can go up against most people. Clearly that’s not always the case and some people are just better. Some just squad up better as well.

Other times it’s really just a connection issue. People on PC typically have an advantage over me and anyone on a newer console as well. The game just plays smoother. I play on a day one xbox one…from 2013. Sometimes you just feel it lagging behind.

I think it’s just GOW players generally. They such knobheads, and often the aggro is unprovoked. And when I try to joke and defuse the situation, they just up the ante and get more abusive. :smiley:

1 Like

Because you’re speaking to a PvP community. I’m not trying to justify their aggressiveness but in PvP you have a lot of idiots who tend to resort to violence before logic.

1 Like

Yea it’s more about playing in my own lane for me, I don’t mind taken stick obout my gameplay by a much better player. But they need to fix it, space it out more, gears 4 I made it to diamond 1 gears 5 iv have masters in every game mode

1 Like

Tbh I find this whole ranking system frustrating. It used to be that within 5 minutes of a match, you could tell what rank people players were. Now, i have no clue. There have been times where I am positive I went up against a team of silvers and they all turn out to be masters. I can’t make sense of it.

cough

3 Likes

Oh no, a good majority deserve that scrutiny because of how undeserving they are of it

1 Like

Most “ masters “ are people who run full stack and get carried to it. Not that there’s nothing wrong with that. They’re making sure they have a cohesive team at the end of the day but yeah lol

when are you going to fight me coward? the waiting is killing me david.

Was this not the case in OP1? I remember KOTH being a mess due to it

Yep.

I’ve seen Silver players play like Master players.

I’ve seen Master players play like Gold players.

Nothing makes sense anymore. Its tough to determine the skill of the player just by looking at their rank.

Rank =/= skill. This is not a general rule of thumb,

1 Like