Gears Forums

Do you consider the game to be "dead" at this point?

versus

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #53

You gotta give then credit, they did a great job in that regard!

(sincable) #54

wow where are you at ? and time you played.

(Milan89SD) #55

It Is dead to TC long time now…

(ValkerieEffect) #57

you Know what’s the biggest joke of this game? It’s all the gow goofs who actually think diamond means anything other than stacked teams who play over and over again. Total joke.

If this game meant anything, more people would play because it’s a good and fair game. It’s not and if I go on to social and see a diamond (ohhhhh…so scary) who gives a flying ■■■■?! So what if a stacked bs player is now on social? Do they have my respect? No! I’ve beat them easily…how? Because they don’t have a stacked team!!!

Game is a total joke. Let there be a forum for stacked teams vs stacked teams - then I’ll have respect for those players who are up against evenly matched players.

Otherwise - your rank means Shyte.

(III EnVii III) #58

The amount of times I’ve gone into a Social - as the 10th - completely dominated for the match and the next, then had pretty much everyone quit out …

I could dominate Social as 2 all day long - it’s far too easy.

(Me0wMix CatFood) #59

I’m one of the most team oriented and cross heavy people you’ll ever meet but it’s rare I don’t mvp a social even though all I’m doing is warming up, practicing my bounce, etc. I usually leave after 1 match, 2 tops, because I don’t feel good about ruining it for casual players.

It’s clear that guy has resentments about not getting diamond but he might not be getting diamond because he misunderstands how you get it. My friends that get D5 don’t get it because of their teams (many people get it that way, but not the ones I play with). They get it by being aggressive and killing everything before everyone else. They aren’t just crossing and waiting for team support, they are slaying out. Doing that successfully without being the “idiot who died 15 times” takes skill and deserves some respect.

There are people with that level of skill who don’t play that way and won’t have a rank that reflects their skills, but this “diamond means nothing” attitude is tired. When I play with guys who say this, I see them making mistake after mistake and they refuse to accept that they’re doing something wrong.

(III EnVii III) #60

Pretty much.

I’ve said it before - there are so many variables that you cannot judge a Diamond player off one game.

But anyway, I mess around in social, it’s merely to get the bounce going and tighten up the Gnasher accuracy.

(RayzilIa) #61

I have been sitting here for 43 minutes and still have not found a king of the hill match. I just started playing again yesterday and didn’t have a problem all day, but probably because it was sunday. Kicker is if i back out i am going to get a quit penalty. Very disappointing.

Edit: So quit and tried guardian, found a match in 5 seconds. Smh

Edit: Correction. I found a lobby in 5 seconds, since then i have found 3 lobbies and all have dissolved after trying to load the map.

(CarlosYabrudy) #62

I don’t get how a product run by Microsoft takes a worldwide 10 plus minutes to find a game matching me with worldwide people. And why can’t people trying to match make go into a queue that can be seen like a lobby so that we can visually see who is hunting and then disappear when they have been inserted into the gears matrix?

This is how it always was on counter strike and steam.
This feature stops people who are at the end of their patience leaving and causing a long ■■■ chain of people cancelling matchmaking where one person can be holding on for 17 minutes.

(lI Bounce Il) #63

I don’t think is dead its just the pc players hahaha

(TGLT Clutch) #64

servers are having issues

(WaiseWolke17700) #65

It is nearly impossible to get Escalation matches. I’m in the EU.
Is there any way, to get into Escalation matches? I really liked that mode…

(Hot Chili Fries) #66

I find games pretty easily, but I play KOTH mostly so that may be why. I think this game and any other arena shooter game has really suffered in recent years due to the popularity of other genres like Battle Royale, which I utterly hate. Even Apex Legends got it’s DLC an exclusive spot in the Microsoft Points page where if you buy the DLC you get 2000 points. That on top of the fact that streamers were basically paid to advertise the hell outta the game just tells me something about where the game industry is headed.

Gears of War is a great game and I play it because it’s one of the few games left that actually aims for true balanced and fair matches, even if that may not always happen, it’s still the model that it’s built around.

Other games like Battle Royale, Hero based shooters like Overwatch and R6 Siege, and even games like Counterstrike will never appeal to me simply because I am not on an even playing field as other players as far as abilities and weapons go.

For me it’s always been Halo for this reason, and I recently got into Gears of War. Seeing both franchises have such low pop really depresses me.

(Mr Perkinator) #67

Some of yall should really try game battles, you have a rank to work towards, medals and stuff and go for records and stuff

(sincable) #68

when the game first came out and i got my foot in and was playing non stop i got diamond by solo q never teamed up now that i dont play as much i range from gold 3 to onyx 3 i olny play like 2 days a week and like 4 games a day so its alil slower to get back up there and im not as good as i was to much time off from playing so im fine with where im at in rank im just playing this till gears 5 comes and cuz i love gears just no time to play like i used to plus i have other games i play.

(Relax Mxte) #69

I wouldn’t consider it dead, as I do see a lot of people on my friends list playing daily. I however, have not played a Ranked match in about three weeks though as I don’t enjoy it anymore. I still mess around in private matches from time to time but unless I have to for a challenge or something. I will not be touching Ranked until Gears 5.

The main reason is for the teammates I get on my team. I don’t want it to be a case where I have to rely on being in a stack to have any kind of fun.I know playing solo is a risk but this is just one of the examples where I only had one compentent teammate.

With there being no more requirement for rank this season (I already got D5) I will not be playing for a long time.

(SkeletorNJ) #70

GB is more dead than this game.

OT: I do think its dead, it sure feels it im on PC and DL it last night (133gbs oof) besides the crashes and freezes the only games we could load in to were casual quick play.

(UniversalTuning) #71

Was just reading through the forums and noticed EnVii bragging about beating up on Social Quickplay players oh boy…

@ValkerieEffect I’ve seen diamond players perform horribly on many occasions I’ve also seen many players claim that Ranks are meaningless in Gears 4

(III EnVii III) #72

Without context, yes it’s bragging.

But if you can understand a statement within the given content, then it’s the absolute opposite of bragging - more like a point of it being boring.

But you think whatever you want and whatever makes you happy :+1:

Who’s denied this?

Diamond players are still people and this game is far from perfect - everyone has bad games.

Must be true if you’ve seen others claim this fact I guess :+1:

(UniversalTuning) #73

When the Gears community says something I listen in fact just yesterday in the Official Gears Of War Club on Xbox the home of Gears a player posted a screenshot titled “Ranks are meaningless” I’m not entirely sure if it was sarcastic or not but clearly Gears 4 players in general have kind of made a joke out of Ranking in GOW 4