Gears Forums

Do u miss maps like

Like ruins, subway. With dark gritty maps like that?

5 Likes

Yes. The original Mansion was beautiful.

5 Likes

Best map ever. Never featured in any of TC’s games.
(Can’t really count the remaster)

2 Likes

I know multiple times I have asked please remake mansion it’s the king of gears maps

1 Like

It’s not currently a dark and gritty game. Mansion is fine. I prefer new maps to remakes. When each game (looking at you Gears 2) gets the UE treatment, everyone can have their nostalgia.

1 Like

I miss dark, desolate maps, yes. But I don’t miss subway, as it’s unbalanced af, due to the positioning of that one snipe. Still, had some good times on it though.

I say all of the maps should be available.

One map I really miss is Day One from Gears 2. I loved playing horde on that map and the seeder popping out during vs was dope asf. They could remaster it and replace the seeder with the swarm kraken.

2 Likes

Yeah 100%. Ruins was a great map. Gears of war 1 and 2 feels like a lifetime ago,good times lol

1 Like

But do they work for escalation?

1 Like

Obviously we’d like to see new maps but it’s hard not consider some of the classics. It’s religious to have gridlock in gears! It’s a sin not to have it.
Love to see some of my old favourites such as mansion, sandbar, process, mausoleum, raven down, blood drive, old bones, fuel depot, tyro station etc etc etc.
Gotta say that all father’s arena has a classic style map feel to it.

1 Like

Not sure why but allfathers arena…feels like a different version of training grounds to me…but at least its a “new” map🤔

1 Like

I would love to see some of the classics come back but we need new maps as well. I feel TC needs to look at the old maps people love and work on maps with similar design ideas. All the new maps seem too open (such as training ground and allfathers, hell even exhibit when you break it down) with very few corridors and tight pathways to sneak through whereas the old maps had several closed tight paths you could sneak through to get around the apposing team. IMO TC has put a lot into making the maps aesthetically pleasing but they haven’t put a lot of thought when it comes to strategy play on the new maps. This is also because of how the main MP modes have changed from execution and warzone where players had one life per round and played more cautious to TDM, KOTH and, escalation where respawn is in play but limited.

Fuel depot and canals and mansion please

1 Like

I wish TC being a MS studio had the ‘capacity’ as they call it to produce new maps and re-create old classics in a timely manner.

i’d rather pay a season pass for new ‘NEW’ maps to be created giving them the ‘capacity’ at the studio, which in my eyes is a employee(s) to do this piece of work at a desk. Not the scenario where we find that maps are free for Gears 5 but your going to get very little content months apart.

with the history of this franchise and legacy well recieved maps it seems to me like opportunity that is not being taken advantage of. @foosniper

7 Likes

Spot on @jmelia123…this developer fails at every turn they take…7 new maps at launch…all average at best…allfathers arena is just ok…plenty of gears 4 maps we’ve just played to death for 3 years…embarrassing is me being kind…as you know rook…I’ve given up on tc as the game and what comes with it never gets any better🙄

2 Likes

Same.

I’ve mentioned plenty of times in the forums in the past that the fact that studios had the monetary incentives to make new maps, they were released at a more reasonable rate in previous games. Now that they’re free, they’re very lax with the releases, and we’re stuck in the situation we are in today with the lack of maps.

2 Likes

Gears 3 was about perfect @III_Essence…a decent season pass…with a bit of everything…most importantly…MAPS…and good ones at that😁

4 Likes

If any maps make a return I’d like to see Jacinto or Artillery

2 Likes

Nothing in life comes free rookie…and that’s what we have got…

1 Like