Do any of you guys play other shooters PvP wise?

I still play Modern Warfare (2019) to this day. The first CoD I genuinely enjoy playing since Black Ops 2 and will probably continue to be playing until the sequel to the reboot comes out. Probably next year I assume.

1 Like

Destiny 2 is in the best state it has ever been in right now. PvE and PvP. Trials is actually good now and worth doing.

2 Likes

Yeah but did SRL ever come back.

That’ll make me install Destiny 2 in a heartbeat lol.

1 Like

A lot of people want SRL back. Lol

1 Like

I played an unhealthy amount of COD MW during lockdown, (6 months off work) got ridiculously good at it but I ended up getting fed up and haven’t gone back, tried Cold War and it felt like a massive step backwards from MW so stayed way away.

Still hop on battlefield 5 now and again as that was the OG shooter I mainly played back in the day, looking forward to the new one big time,

None of the mentioned games come close to gears though and no other game replicates the enjoyment you get, the clutches, the outplays, the sick shots you can pull off. Unmatched.

2 Likes

Ghost recon breakpoint, battlefield 4, the division 2, and some apex

I’ve actually been getting back in some myself. Still way too grindy for what I’d like but I think they’ve made some recent changes to reduce it at least somewhat.

1 Like

Knockout city.

1 Like

Warzone is fun for the most part. I literally can’t touch gears. It’s so unplayable for me.

Warzone has a player base, has big map verdansk and also small map modes resurgence. You can play anyway you want. There’s a counter for practically anything.

Any game can be frustrating, warzone will be no exception. The rifles are rather OP it can be like getting sniped. The developers also love to change the weapon balance every 2 weeks, and whenever they introduce a new gun it will most certainly be op as well, which is annoying. Be prepared for campers and players who play “like rats.” What can you do. Still exponentially better than gears at the moment, imo, which is sad of course.

Ive been a cod and halo player but dont really play much now because my new house i get packet loss and have terrible internet.

I was never a pvp player in gears as i dont love the gnasher only aspect of gears multi.

nope

Is gears 4 still playable? Realy thinking to switch back like the time when judgment came out.

I come from a background of playing Halo, and not much else PvP-wise. I do also play a lot of Destiny’s Crucible. Not a fan of CoD or all similar games to that.

I can appreciate the general idea of how Gears PvP works with the Gnasher-centric sandbox but could never get my friends to consistently play it, which with how team-oriented Gears is, pretty much kills my motivation to bother with it. The worst thing for me is how wack trying to fight other players is with the weird animations and wall-bouncing that are just so unintuitive. But I’ve still been able to take what I’ve learned from PvP into PvE which has helped a lot, especially in Gears 5 where CQC gameplay in PvE is actually good.

2 Likes

It’s hard to judge your shots when you have heavy characters skating across the floor on top of horrible lag and net code

1 Like

Oh, right, I also forgot to mention that, on top of what you said, I absolutely detest the complete lack of hipfire reticle crosshairs in Gears. Another thing that I miss from Judgment. Makes it easier to tell if I am actually hitting shots or not.

1 Like

I’ve noticed gears is the only 3rd person shooter that has very little animations when it comes to movement. When you change direction, theres no shift in your characters body, they just start to glide on the other way

1 Like

Yeah it looks so unnatural lol. And I don’t mean as in unrealistic (don’t care about the realism), but tracking movement in Gears is so unintuitively spastic with ridiculous hitboxes. I’m well aware that you can get used to it but as a player that doesn’t get to dabble in the PvP much, it makes it hard for me to get into. But that is just Gears, I guess lol.

1 Like

I think it really is just gears. I can play any other game and not have hit detection or rubber banding. But its nonstop for me when I play gears. And it always has been. Its probably the games code lol

It may just be my experience but I find moving target tracking to be very much a thing that I cannot get the hang of in Gears 5, regardless of mode. Especially in Horde because of the dumb and unnecessary speed boost Aggressive Enemies gives to the AI. Hardly had any issues with that in Gears 4. At this point I’m almost convinced it’s something to do with the game. I doubt that my aim just suddenly went to the gutter within a few months of Gears 5 launching when I’m very much still in my prime years.

1 Like

Halo 5 & MCC are on my HD and are genuinely top notch. Chivalry 2 isn’t bad for something more relaxing, but I’m absolutely loving Quake atm. Carnage.

Do love a bit of L4D 2 also.