Dark Fate Horde event to celebrate digital film release?

The movie released today on digital, can you guys please bring back the special Dark Fate Horde Event? Unless there was an upcoming horde event I was not aware of, it would be cool to see DF event back temporarily. Thanks

2 Likes

The movie bombed just as the game has…how about just put some gears related stuff into the game…instead of terminator/halo garbage…that simply weren’t wanted/needed in the first place🙄

8 Likes

Terminator helped kill this game. There was probably some clause in the fine print that said “Must be out before the movie’s release”

LOL Rookie!!!..it wasn’t that bad of a film…just did an Alien 3 and killed off a major cast member

1 Like

Your to easily pleased rook !!:rofl:

2 Likes

JD’s levelled up now…so would be better against those DR1 terminators and two boss Kestrels

2 Likes

Oh nice have not seen it yet so will check it out

1 Like

Well personally I loved the movie and I play Gears 5 a lot and really enjoyed that Horde event from a few months ago. I’m not saying they should put that instead of the Gears stuff, but it is probably somewhere already done in their systems and for them it is just a switch to turn it back on.

If there is another horde event planned about Gears or one they could put on now, by all means go ahead they should do that…but since there is no featured event right now I figured I would try and ask for the DF event to be back in the meantime, since more people will have watched the movie now and I think they would like to perhaps play that event now… but honestly I doubt it will happen at this point.

Agree anything is better than nothing…they dont seem to bothered about horde imo.

2 Likes

All horde events should be playable on every map in a custom lobby. Just like in gears of war 4 with the 25 wave variants after being released.

2 Likes

I finally watched Dark Fate yesterday, and it was honestly fairly decent. It wasn’t a convoluted mess like Salvation or Genysis, but, on the other hand, it didn’t really do anything new either. It’s basically another redo of the original Terminator film, and didn’t establish anything to make people interested in the future of the franchise (which I guess is fine, since it doesn’t seem like any further sequels are going to be made). Arnold and Sarah Connor were by far the most interesting characters. None of the new people were interesting at all.

Yeah it was pretty much a repackaging of stuff that was already done. It’s like HollyWood thinks their audience doesn’t remember anything that happened 20 years ago.
I just didn’t like the girl power message they were pushing. It felt too fabricated. The savior of humanity can’t be a white male. When did that become a crime? Now it’s a female Mexican illegal. It felt like they were more concerned with bashing Trump than good story telling.
One scene she beats up 3 guys twice her size. No matter how good you are in a fight when your up against 3 men twice as big as you your going to lose.
When she holds a shotgun it’s bigger than her. The way she is standing the recoil is going to knock her on her ■■■ like Kevin Hart in Ride Along. If you want a strong female lead character you don’t have to tear down the people around them to make them look good. Look at Allen Ripley, the younger version of Sarah Connor, Wonder Women, Brienne of Tarth.

1 Like