Daily Horde and Escape Challenge Map, Modifiers, and Rewards (Part 2)

Horde Daily: Checkout
10,000 CXP
5,000 CXP
200 Coins

Modifiers: Only Regen in Cover, More Lethal, Must Active Reload, More Health, Bobble Head Enemies, Regeneration, Survivor

Escape Daily: The Wanderer
400 Coins
300 Coins
2,500 CXP

2 Likes

Woohoo, greatest daily ever.

Not.

What’s wrong with it? Other than “must active reload” being slightly annoying?

Needs to swap Bobble Head for Even Stronger Enemies.

Ahh Bobble Head…yes the fakest green mutator ever lol.

Regen in cover completely breaks Thrill healing for BM(even if sitting in cover next to the bleeding enemy), while pretty much every other type of heal is not affected. Also kind of an inconsequential mod for pretty much every other class.

And Must Active Reload is just annoying because TC disabled auto reloads, in guise of “fixing” it breaking explosive weapons. It’s also another one of those sets which has no purpose to its existence. I feel as though the only thing this set changes to its counterpart is replacing Vampire with bobbleheads, going off of my memory.

I see. I mean if you want the challenge of playing BM or any CQC class with Only Regen in Cover on, go for it lol. I know it’s buggy but obviously risky business.

The “Must Active Reload” nonsense should be renamed to Must Manually Reload because that’s what you actually have to do. You just have to get a good reload, doesn’t even have to be an “perfect” active. That’s annoying lol - especially for the explosive classes.

But if you’re an experienced player, reloading shouldn’t be an issue. Just remember to keep doing so is :rofl:.

This is another annoying thing about GOW. Well, technically it’s about the GOW playerbase and their inability to differentiate the two, but everyone tends to use the term “active” reload when they actually mean “perfect reload”. I’m pretty sure this was differentiated between in the very first game manual.

So a normal “reload” is just tapping the reload button once (or auto-reloading when you’re naturally out of ammo) where you complete the reload as the reload sliding bar reaches the end of the screen.

An “active” reload is where you press it a 2nd time to reload earlier.

And a “perfect” reload is if you hit the active reload in the sweetspot giving you a buff.

Admittedly it’s seeped into the general GOW lore that even I do it nowadays. But whenever I stop to think about it, it annoys me.

2 Likes

Imagine a daily mutator of “Must Perfect Reload”. Lol I think most people would skip that daily or just turn that off.

Are the daily modifiers translated into other languages?

Horde Daily: Canals
6 Cards
4 Cards
2,500 CXP

Modifiers: More Lethal, Shock Rifle Drones, More Health, Shock Grenadiers, Vampiric Drones, Freezing Sniper Bullets, Survivor

Escape Daily: The Clock
10,000 CXP
5,000 CXP
200 Coins

5 Likes

Horde Daily: Gridlock
1 Legendary Card
4 Cards
200 Coins

Modifiers: Confetti Headshot, Even Stronger Enemies, Zero Gravity Gore, More Health, Super Charged, More Health, Survivor

Escape Daily: The Ambush
10,000 CXP
5,000 CXP
200 Coins

3 Likes

Interesting daily frenzy incon on gridlock last night. Me (BM), host (Mech), vet, sniper, brawler. Mech set up at spawn but pushed out far to middle. Me and brawler in the middle/right near the waterfront, and sniper and vet up on the high ground.

A few clutch moments in later rounds - i think the sniper and vet needed a few more barriers up top (or the fab brought forward) because the enemy was spawning up “around the corner” and downing them / overrunning them. The Vet was Ben and kept spamming “you suck” from about round 5. I didnt know if it was towards me or the mech. I thought at least the brawler and mech were playing well. The sniper and vet had a lvl 4 locker up with them, but when i went up to check on them there were slots free and no spare longshot, i also noticed the sniper kept getting the ammo crates. The sniper was reup less then X and the rest of us more than XXX, all lvl20, the sniper might have been 19. Right before we killed the last boss the host paused and kicked the vet. I finished with about 75kills, the sniper on about 30 and the other two on 45ish. Im guessing by the numbers the vet probably had about 60-75ish too, so was probably carrying his weight. I missed how many kills he got, but that totals about roughly right for a frenzy right?

I remember during the match thinking the vet was being annoying - and then late game, his comments must have been directed towards the sniper who might not have been a great player. I initially thought it was a harsh late kick, but understandable if this guy was harassing the sniper.

Another interesting one just now, not daily related but master Horde on blood drive - wave 20. Swarmak spawned on top of us so i left the far lane to help out but first “made red” my locker with dropshots. Palace gaurds when then swarming the base and around the corner pop two palace guards each with dropshots which proceed to headshot and drop me, then we wipe not long after. Can palace guards “unred” lockers and then take drop shots off them? I dont see how else they could have got them.

They must have picked them up from the ground. Or at least I’ve never seen them move the “red” forts.

Thats the strange thing - i was on my own on that lane the wave before and here was only a mulcher on the ground. Not sure about the other lanes, but the palace guard would have gone far out of its way to get something else. Its a shame we wiped becasue i really wanted to see if it had nicked the dropshot from the red locker.

The question is whether you were the only one using Dropshots, or a teammate thought it was more useful to not have it “in the red” if you needed to get a weapon from it.

The simpler explanation is that the Guard AI is wonky and didn’t care that the locker was placed in a wall and “borrowed” the weapons from it anyway.

Something that I think they shouldn’t be allowed to do because they’ll waste all the ammo and then discard the weapon, making it disappear.

Horde Daily: Reactor
6 Cards
4 Cards
2,500 CXP

Modifiers: Ghost Enemies, More Health, Reflective Shell Heavies, Long Range Gambit, More Lethal, Freezing Sniper Bullets, Survivor

Escape Daily: The Detour
1 Legendary Card
4 Cards
200 Coins

Escape Weekly: The Surge
00:00:00 :: 20,000 CXP
00:07:00 :: 10,000 CXP
00:25:00 :: 500 Coins

2 Likes

Long Range Gambit on Reactor? That might actually be the one time I don’t write off this mod set as complete garbage because of reflect enemies.

Minus the fact that reflect enemies make you go down if using bleeding (at least Tactician and Infiltrator, dunno how it works with Blademaster), is there any issue with Reflecting Enemies? :thinking:

(I am a fan of modifiers that actually have effect on the class/way to play)

1 Like