Daily Horde and Escape Challenge Map, Modifiers, and Rewards (Part 2)

I have PTSD on this map right now.

For such a poop reward too. Giving it a pass.

1 Like

Welp none of my friends like that map so guess we ain’t doing it today lol.

Guess I’ll resort to versus boosting solo then.

Randoms still make for ‘interesting’ Horde experiences. Try starting up a Frenzy, get a reasonable team together, then the Mechanic decides to drag the fab the long way around spawn to settle in the center right/left of the map because one tap is there, so I don’t get time to drag it back before the wave starts.

So of course everyone quits, I tell the Mechanic to either know how to play the map or not bother being an engineer, proceed to block the guy, then wait 5-10 minutes of kicking Demos, Tacticians and Protectors out before I have a decent team. Two Nomads, Anchor, Robo, Veteran.

The engineer decides to build weirdly and starts throwing out barriers and sentries in random spots, only going out further when I started dragging barriers to each lane so they could be useful. Nomad 2 is mostly executing stuff but whatever, fine by me if they’re not gonna shoot much. They were at least decently competent. Other players were alright too.

Then mister Bird shows up on wave 8 and takes ~10 minutes to kill because hey, gotta design a boss that is a gigantic sponge and has no notable weakpoints or phases where it takes increased damage. When it’s down to the last 5–10% HP, both the engineer and the Anchor leave or get booted for mysterious reasons - wasn’t me - and only a Jack comes in to replace one of them, but doesn’t do a whole lot, so it was still effectively a three man run from wave 9 on. Still won reasonably well regardless - Snatcher and big momma on wave 12 - but sheesh, is it that difficult to get a nice and straightforward run these days?

The only thing I was glad about was the lack of Guards on the last four waves. Really wouldn’t have been interested in that or a Swarmak for that run.

Silly question but how easy is it to get a double kill with a Torque Bow?

I got a ribbon today Trick Shot - got a torque bow headshot that was also a double kill.

Don’t think I’ve ever seen one of these.

1 Like

It is fairly uncommon but it is always satisfying when it happens.

2 Likes

Playing with the EMBAR in this daily as a Marksman or Robotics Expert is suprisingly fun. It actually feels like a properly balanced weapon… with triple its original headshot damage.

What were you thinking, TC?

2 Likes

Horde Daily: Bunker
400 Coins
300 Coins
2,500 CXP

Modifiers: Confetti Headshot, Even Stronger Enemies, Zero Gravity Gore, More Health, Super Charged, More Health, Survivor

Escape Daily: Lethal Engagements
6 Cards
4 Cards
2,500 CXP

Escape Weekly: The Line
-00:15:00 :: 1,250 Coins
00:17:00 :: 500 Coins
00:25:00 :: 5,000 CXP

2 Likes

Why did it have to be Bunker? I guess the set’s at least half decent due to Super Charged.

1 Like

Well… I just came across two randomers (who were unconnected, we were three strangers) who knew exactly how to clear Lethal Engagements near perfectly! They knew which areas to go slowly and sneak/stealth-meatshield enemies undetected, knew when to snipe, knew to share ammo… Makes a very nice change!

2 Likes

Horde Daily: Abyss
10,000 CXP
5,000 CXP
200 Coins

Modifiers: Confetti Headshot, Even Tougher Enemies, Power Boost, More Lethal, Vampire, More Lethal, Survivor

Escape Daily: The Malfunction
6 Cards
4 Cards
2,500 CXP

Someone please copy this over to the other. Thanks

5 Likes

Abyss?

Definitely not the best for this set…

Nope but I embrace the challenge lol

Pilot and Gunner might work out reasonably well. Not so sure about BM though.

Still a better pairing than Bunker with triple damage. I hopped into it once, failed on wave 4 because I was tired of camping in the tower and the complete idiot of a Tactician didn’t hear or see a Drone melee down the other remaining teammate literally right next to/behind him, while he had no other enemies to deal with around. Left when I wasn’t bothered to wait 500 years for people to join again.

So I came across what seems to be a unique (it was a first-time for me anyway!) occurrence on this hive at the very end where the text appear onscreen that the medical bay had been “deactiviated”.

Obviously the text appears when you activate it that it has been “activated”, but I have never seen the message saying it had been DEactivated before.

It was right at the very end when we were on the helipad and has just killed the last enemy. The doors were already shut.

Very common occurrence.

Once medbay is in deep venom and the players are still in the hive or haven’t closed the doors the text will appear.

Correction - if players are still fighting enemies regardless their position - inside the hive or on the lz.

2 Likes

TC fixed the medbay deactivation text promp not appearing some time ago. Or they added it in retrospectively. Either way, like rumbly said, this isn’t “rare”.

Horde Daily: District
1 Legendary Card
4 Cards
200 Coins

Modifiers: Only Regen in Cover, More Lethal, Must Active Reload, More Health, Bobble Head Enemies, Regeneration, Survivor

Escape Daily: The End
1 Legendary Card
4 Cards
200 Coins

5 Likes

Horde Daily: Asylum
6 Cards
4 Cards
2,500 CXP

Modifiers: Confetti Headshot, Even Stronger Enemies, Zero Gravity Gore, More Health, Super Charged, More Health, Survivor

Escape Daily: The Labyrinth
400 Coins
300 Coins
2,500 CXP

5 Likes

Thank you Dex.

3 Likes