Daily Horde and Escape Challenge Map, Modifiers, and Rewards (Part 2)

Horde Daily: Harbor
10,000 CXP
5,000 CXP
200 Coins

Modifiers: Poison Flushers, More Melee Damage, More Health, Close Range Gambit, More Lethal, Poison Drones, Survivor

Escape Daily: Last Stand
400 Coins
300 Coins
2,500 CXP

6 Likes

Harbor turns out to be a surprisingly decent CQC map with this mod set, more so than other maps. This was contrary to my expectations when I set out to play it today.

It was fun but I was getting absolutely destroyed as Striker. Should’ve played as BM because the extra health regen / damage resistance would’ve been way better with the poison stuff.

I think I lost like 20-25 breaker maces lol but it was pretty much 3v5 In our game. Because the randoms weren’t really contributing lol.

What is this? Doth mine eyes deceive me?

You’re playing another mode other spending valuable minutes on those Versus achievements?!

How dare you have fun on this game!

1 Like

I didn’t bother playing it as Striker. Close Range Gambit offsets First Strike with the Longshot too much imo, at least on Harbor it doesn’t seem worth picking the class.

Could’ve played Infiltrator too but honestly, that class isn’t particularly affected by the modifier anyway. Hell, most mod sets don’t. Don’t pick it much these days.

1 Like

:joy: If I was that dedicated, I might have both of my remaining achievements by now (50k assists & 100k kills).

I was debating Infiltrator or Blademaster heading in but I wanted to do something different and it wasn’t the best choice.

:exclamation:

How can you sleep at night?!

If my situation was as it was 7 years ago I’d have long since unlocked all achievements by this point.

Only joking :joy:.

……or am I?
1 Like

Horde Daily: Tomb
1 Legendary Card
4 Cards
200 Coins

Modifiers : More Lethal, Ghost Drones, More Health, Freezing Grenadiers, Aggressive Enemies, Ghost Heavies, Survivor

Escape Daily: The Gauntlet
400 Coins
300 Coins
2,500 CXP

2 Likes

I guess we just had too much luck with dailies actually worth playing for a different experience the last few dats.

You’re certainly reliable for commentary on the dailies on most dats.

Horde Daily: Rail Line
400 Coins
300 Coins
2,500 CXP

Modifiers: Poison Flushers, More Melee Damage, More Health, Close Range Gambit, More Lethal, Poison Drones, Survivor

Escape Daily: The Link
400 Coins
300 Coins
2,500 CXP

4 Likes

Blademaster or Infiltrator it is then.

Infiltrator might actually be a better choice because the poison puddle spam is less easily avoidable on Rail Line(and that map has horrid issues with silent enemies).

It remains to be seen whether we’re just having a streak of luck or someone from TC actually told their modifier system to stop choosing the same boring stuff so often and bring up the more unique sets less infrequently.

2 Likes

Didn’t want to create a thread just to ask, and this is the closest thread to “anything goes”.

Thoughts on Kait/Infiltrator without Stim Batteries? IMO stuff kills you with or without the extra 200% HP or so, like a Boomshot, a DR4 with Salvo or even Enforcer Robots. The only real “new” threats that I found were the Mulcher Scions, you cannot really run at them anymore. Don’t know I just have issues being the “sponge” that can run across enemies without having to worry about dying (unless you get chainsawed).

Maybe it’s like Lahni/Blademaster when you’re encouraged (surely I read it from RelaxingKoty but not 100% sure) to first run both the Short and Mid Range Deflection while getting used to the class, but after a couple runs you can switch them out in favor of cards that make you hit even harder, once you get used to how the class works and what you’re good against etc.

What’s a good card to run instead? I tried Cloak Batteries to Meatshield even more enemies in Boss Waves and to get further if 2-3 people get downed at the same time, but I’m not 100% convinced.
Maybe Custom Gnasher would make a difference when facing one of those annoying Boomshot Scions? (Only real threat to Kait/Infiltrator while using Stim Batteries).

I think it largely depends on how aggressively you intend to play the class. I personally haven’t tried it without either Stim Batteries or Enhanced Stim, only played with the idea(also, running at a Mulcher Scion straight up is not a good idea regardless of class besides Brawler or BM in ult when the distance is short to close). But I wouldn’t be running around the map without both.

I’d think Chain might be more useful as last man standing if there’s a bunch of executable enemies around.

1 Like

Dunno how really to word it but, with Batteries you are kinda able to tank a couple Mulcher bullets while getting close to them. Not “hahaha I’m running straight at ya” but while moving from covers, or killing some trackers/Juvies/leeches to have stim in the meantime. Without Batteries I was nearly downed a couple seconds after being shot by them :joy:. That’s the biggest difference I saw.

How’s your experience with it? Haven’t touched it since they made it not work with Meatshields. In theory sounds like I could buy some time if enemies get into the base… execute them while downed people crawl to me… but IMO randos are starting to stay still while downed :unamused: .

I also saw Infiltrator has a card (Driven) with I think 32% dmg resistance to Explosives. 32% from Driven + 60% Enhanced Stim. Maybe 92% is enough to tank a Boomshot? :grin:

I think my issue is that any hypothetical Cloak build will always be limited because of the changes to Laceration.

The tanky stim build is great for a more direct shotgun approach. But with this build all of the cards are interconnected in a rigid way. Enhanced Stim and Stim Batteries go hand in hand. Reaper is needed to get stim. And then Blood Resonance and Laceration are needed for higher level offence (to get stim more easily).

If you wanted a Cloak build with Cloak Batteries and Chain, which two cards would you leave out?

A Cloak build would work when Cloak is available. Trouble is it becomes harder to charge it up because of a combination of Laceration’s limited range; and lack of damage resistance.

It would have made sense to have Laceration’s range at 10 metres (or even 7.5 metres) and reduce the damage from Blood Resonance instead (for the sake of balancing). Afterall the Overkill is designed with a sligbtly loger range in mind.

That said, Enhanced Stim and Stim Batteries could probably be merged together to free up a slot. I feel that the Infilteator is a bit one dimensional in that the Cloak alternative build isn’t anywhrre near as effective as the Stim build

1 Like

Horde Daily: Village
10,000 CXP
5,000 CXP
200 Coins

Modifiers: Heads Up, More Lethal, Triple Headshot Damage, More Health, Confetti Headshot, Increased Accuracy, Survivor

Escape Daily: The Split
400 Coins
300 Coins
2,500 CXP

1 Like

So it’s a CQC-favoring map, but the mod set works for ranged combat. Oh well.

1 Like