Daily Horde and Escape Challenge Map, Modifiers, and Rewards (Part 1)

But mostly I think they just make the Trapping more difficult

Just playing Devil’s Advocate, your team mates could also say the same about you though.

The point I’m making is sometimes what rooms and what doors you use for trapping doesn’t really matter. There are areas on The Labyrinth which are quite large and you have nothing but a couple of Wardens to deal with so you can lock them using many combinations of rooms and doors. Many of them work as well as each other and sometimes it depends on the pace of which the Wardens approach you (sometimes they charge quickly; sometimes slowly; sometimes they are separated and sometimes they end up together).

The problem that arises is when two players (or more) try to do two (or more) different things at the same time. There are so many map tiles on The Labyrinth which are next to each other and feature a useable door; and they can form a corridor so whether you use the door at the end of the corridor or the door in the middle of the corridor is irrelevant. They both lock the Warden into this same area.

It’s a two way thing - if you decide to take the lead on trapping the Wardens, then your team mates should ideally be intuitive enough to follow your lead. Equally if another player decides to take the lead, you need to notice the signs and follow their lead. It’s just a case of everyone having the awareness of what your team are doing.

To solve the problem, Solo this Hive is much better :wink:

I would say Trapping 2 Wardens in Act 2 is much effective than Trapping 4 Wardens.

I’m not sure Who the Hell want to Trap those 4, which is Unnecessary. Using which Door is Optional, but how many Wardens the Host want to Trap is the problem.

[quote=“Bleeding_Pepper, post:9130, topic:55428”] players are not very intiutive …

some players have absolutely no clue as to which doors and rooms to use. They may close one door, but not realise that the Warden can go around UNLESS another particular door is also closed to properly lock them in.
[/quote]

I don’t mind noobs being noobs. I was one at one point.
BUT

These players shouldn’t play on Master until they learn.

ADD - back in op2, 3 and 4 every time we got a new map we would play on Beginner first to learn the spawns, layout and weapons positions on the map.
Only then would we attempt Master ( and we had Ironman back in the day)

New players should do the same, instead of joining Master lobby and trying to be carried.

Eg last night I played with my friend Beetlecorn on Ice Queen. We got lvl 7 Infiltrator who joined mid game and proceeded to take all the ammo without having any guns.

Why?

Don’t want to be mean but these players have no business playing on Master without learning the basics first.

1 Like

I thought you knew this already but Escape is basically just a race to the ammo box. Whoever gets there first, wins and is MVP. How can a Brawler prove he’s a good Escape player if he doesn’t have a Longshot with full ammo, just in case he needs it? And when he revives you after exploding you, he’s a team player by getting lots of revives.

My Labyrinth game, the 2 players went to the last tile of Act 2 without first trapping the Wardens OR at least going to the ammo room. Makes no sense why you want to aggro the Elite Drones and Scions with invincible Wardens chasing you. Gotta lock them too because they can’t get on the LZ or it’s gg

1 Like

I get that it’s normal for randumbs to be mostly awful, but what’s with the number of people who can’t read basic English?! Specifically, just as with Gears 4, anyone playing Heavy / Demolitions are always no exceptions the overall dumbest people to play the game. We stopped even allowing heavies into the lobby of Gears 4 because they were typically so stupid it hurt. Like a locker full of Trishots, which are still absolute garbage but were the worst garbage imaginable in 4. We all loved playing heavy, not as a main, but we rocked with drop shots and a locker. Now, in 5, they really, REALLY confused these dimwitted souls. DURR modifier says 90% less damage for heavy weapons and explosives?! DURR demolition should be good! 2-3 waves into it, they’re last by far every time, they quit. Today, I even told the guy on headset (of course none of them have headsets, because they’re… I don’t know, poor?! Dumb?) hey man, just a friendly reminder that the modifiers make your class basically unplayable today. Nothing. Doesn’t change, doesn’t quit. Then after 3 waves, he drops, as the highest level player in the game but last every wave. What’s so hard about reading?! The FIRST thing you do is read the modifiers and THEN figure out which classes would be good for that day. If you only have one class, guess you take today off and go back to beginner or something.

2 Likes

May I have…PARAGRAPH ?

Like the Example below:

I get that it’s normal for randumbs to be mostly awful, but what’s with the number of people who can’t read basic English?!

Specifically, just as with Gears 4, anyone playing Heavy / Demolitions are always no exceptions the overall dumbest people to play the game. We stopped even allowing heavies into the lobby of Gears 4 because they were typically so stupid it hurt like a locker full of Trishots, which are still absolute garbage but were the worst garbage imaginable in 4.

We all loved playing heavy, not as a main, but we rocked with drop shots and a locker.

Now, in 5, they really, REALLY confused these dimwitted souls. DURR modifier says 90% less damage for heavy weapons and explosives?! DURR demolition should be good! 2-3 waves into it, they’re last by far every time, they quit.

Today, I even told the guy on headset (of course none of them have headsets, because they’re… I don’t know, poor?! Dumb?) hey man, just a friendly reminder that the modifiers make your class basically unplayable today. Nothing. Doesn’t change, doesn’t quit.Then after 3 waves, he drops, as the highest level player in the game but last every wave.

What’s so hard about reading?! The FIRST thing you do is read the modifiers and THEN figure out which classes would be good for that day. If you only have one class, guess you take today off and go back to beginner or something.

Your One Paragraph of Experience makes me feel Hard to Read, totally Blind :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Only when you stop capitalizing every noun :stuck_out_tongue:

No for real, you don’t do that in English, unless it’s a proper noun like a company’s name or a specific geographical location. I know they capitalize all nouns in German though.

2 Likes

It helps for people really Read that Word…

1. Paragraph

or

1. PARAGRAPH

It emphasizes more Clear that Word is Extremely Important.

However, using Full Capital is mainly implying a Guy in the Forum using Full Capitalize Wording in the Thread, which is Hilarious

You don’t need to capitalize “clear”, “word”, “extremely”, or “important”. And so on.

1 Like

Because it’s Forum, causal writing, not in a formal way.

People tend to read capitalized words more than non-capitalized words when you’re doing fast reading.

It’s about Key words, so it just makes people to read more clearly.

I can’t really be serious in using English in the forum as it’s a bit weird to me.

It doesn’t help… underlining key words or using italics is a better option.

But you’re capitalising more than just key words though… :grin:

3 Likes

For me, part of the blame rests with the host for starting the game. If I go into a lobby and see the host playing as an explosives-based class when there are these kinds of mutators, I’d leave.

If I’m hosting a lobby and an explosives class comes in then I give them about 10 seconds to change before I kick them.

Also just to add - games are translated into other languages nowadays. Not all languages but the most common ones so it’s not about inability to read English. It’s inability to read at all!

No they don’t.

They pause looking for emphasis but don’t find any and get annoyed when it keeps happening over and over. It actually makes sentences harder and slower to read.

People read by word wholes not by individual letters and lower case letters are much easier to read because they’re more recognisable and familiar than capitals.

yuo cna sllti rdea tshi — but it takes a lot longer!

1 Like

It’s not about inability to read, it’s about inability to comprehend!

1 Like

Don’t make me regret playing Escape with you! :wink:

It’s time we did some more! Yay!

OMFG…I saw a Lv 16 Infiltrator don’t use Gnasher… :dizzy_face:

Maybe they can read, they just get hung up on the wrong thing. That can happen to me. For example, I was considering classes to use for the daily, and thought, “Well it’s got Execution Rules, so I need something that can bypass downs at range. I know, I can use Pilot with its Cold Finish card!” Completely forgetting about how the mutators make its most viable weapons useless.