Custom Horde Question

I haven’t used custom lobbies much myself. Why do some lobbies start at later waves?

The host can change it. You start with more power and some people just want to skip all the early stuff and just want to get into building a base straight away.

So it’s not because of some experience difference for later waves?

I think the later waves give you more experience, but completing more consecutive waves gives you far more anyway. I think it could just be that people don’t have time to do the full 50 waves and want to make the most of their time. Completing 11-20 gives you more XP than 1-10.

There are some that play 41-50 continuously farming cards. The thought is better cards drop for those waves than 1-10.

Not sure I buy into that.

I personally don’t. I’ve not seen anything that suggests that. As far as I can tell it’s all based on the difficulty you play on, and even then it’s largely RNG. I’ve played many Master Horde games and ended up with 9 green cards and 1 blue one or something ridiculous. Equally I’ve played Insane games and end up with 4 golds, 3 purples etc.

3 Likes

My favourite was Wave 50 after Wave 50 after Wave 50… :upside_down_face:

I’ve also played matches that ended early and I still have gotten gold and purple cards.