Crosshair sniper

) Hi everyone. I have a doubt. In this clip you can see that the sniper cursor is pointing directly at the head, but it dont hit him. apparently it seems a headshot. ¿can you guys explain my why?

note: i have years of experience on shotters games, i know the hitbox of the cursor was big than the head, and the probability of the shoot directly on the head was reduce by the same area. the clip was by my friend but he says the game had a bug and the headshot was clean.

Yeah the Longshot reticle is not 100% accurate in PvP and I’m guessing it is due to server lag. It’s really good most of the time but sometimes the round passes slightly above the enemy’s head even when the reticle is on target.

As some TC employees would say you missed

3 Likes

Actually I was in the game, and the connection was estable in both cases. Now, in this picture, as you can see, the shoot was in the shoulder.
i 100% sure the shoot was clean, and the only thing that the shoot wasn’t headshot is because the crosshair was not 100% accurate to the head.

1 Like

Because Gears of War.

I will say Gears is better than some games that have watermelon sized head hit boxes. But, the occasional no-reg can be annoying. What I REALLY don’t like in Gears is baiting a sniper, seeing my character successfully dodge the bullet, and the game killing me anyway. Feels bad.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I had a feeling someone would call me out on my insincere attempt at downplaying the issue. :wink:

1 Like

This is due to differences between camera line of view and the line of shot. You have to aim most right side of target to have certain hit detect. Camera line of view is about 1.2 meter difference from line of shot from barrel of gun. They explained it earlier.
For me it should be made like in other gears, line of shot was aligned to the center screen while hardaim, so you were hitting what you pointed.

3 Likes