Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Gamepass is why TC is greedy

Without being able to have a Season Pass and people literally paying $2 for their title, would you think this is the reason for the store being outrageous with their prices? They really don’t have anywhere else to get their content revenue from so of course their only source would be jacked up., which leads me to believe that Gamepass actually screwed them with extra revenue.

1 Like

What exactly do you mean by “Not able to have a season pass”? Is this some sort of Game Pass deal or something?

1 Like

Game Pass doesn’t prevent them from having a season pass but frankly Im glad there isn’t one.

Optional cosmetic microtransactions are more consumer friendly than forcing players to dump $30 or $40 more into a season pass to get post launch content.

The store cosmetics can safely be ignored without impacting the gameplay but you need new maps, game modes, etc to keep players engaged.

1 Like

Being on gamepass isnt up to TC. All Microsoft first party titles will launch on gamepass. Look at Forza they release a ton of free content and they’re not greedy about their paid stuff

2 Likes

Although Forza devs do charge for maps (tracks) and characters (cars).

Yea but the prices are reasonable. Also Im not talking about the expansions Im just talking car packs.

1 Like

I’ll rather pay a season pass and have cosmetics that are free. Atleast a season pass is worth the money

5 Likes

Basically a greedy company…tell me peeps havnt forgot the season pass from 4…peeps dont mind grinding for good stuff (in preferred game modes)…as long as some decent stuff is being unlocked through just playing the game…if this was the case …then reasonably priced mtx wouldnt seem so bad…but tc/ms showed in 4…what their really about.

2 Likes

1000x’s this.

I would rather have the SP as well. I was a firm supporter of the season pass model because it was a contract guarantee for good content and not at a huge price. It was completely consumer friendly. I enjoyed it greatly and had access to further content. This F2P model in the game is sad and there are several things I will never get because of price and refusal to put money down on a skin that could easily be earned. They should have Iron earnable more than the TOD. It is a shame. A real shame.

5 Likes

The cosmetics in 3 weren’t free.

4 Likes

You’d rather divide the playerbase and be forced to buy the season’s pass to participate, rather than having the option to pay for extra cosmetics on top of earnable ones? Gotcha

9 Likes

The Gears 4 season pass was heavily criticised but players would prefer this option for Gears 5?

Weird :thinking:.

3 Likes

To each their own. Im still getting free cosmetics without a season pass and still many more to come and free maps, game modes, hero characters, map builder for horde/versus maps.

Gears 3 had a season pass and still had cosmetic microtransactions.

2 Likes

Gamepass or not, they’re not funding post-launch support without any source of revenue from the game.

1 Like

Right there with you

1 Like

A lot of them were and in 4 most of them were idk where you been . I had almost every character and gun skins in 4 with those loot boxes things that’s all I’m saying

2 Likes

True but that was the minority the majority is free cosmetics in 3 and 4… Now it’s the minority is free and
the majority is pay for

2 Likes

Yes, here is something I just posted on another thread. It’s like they feel they won’t get enough money to fund post launch content. It creates a mess!

Gears 3 SP gun skins were miniscule and most of them were 3 bucks a pop outside of the pass.

And sorry to break it to you and @OnyxCrimsonBlur but there were several map packs that divided the player base even further that weren’t covered by the SP like Forces of Nature. Season Passes NEVER guarantee all the content, they can easily start selling more stuff just like Epic did in Gears 3.

In Gears 4, congrats on your luck I guess but not everyone is blessed by RNGesus. Grinding horde day in and out for weekend long skin loot boxes, with some of the worst offenders being the UIR skins going for 4000 credits each about a few months into Gears 4’s lifecycle. Those credits were not generous mind you, and those UIR skins were only gonna be around that weekend so if you didn’t have time to grind to GAMBLE, then you pay around 10 bucks for a pack or two and GAMBLE with those.

Not to mention that Horde was even worse in 4 because the skill cards were tied to GAMBLING booster packs, so yes loot boxes affected gameplay.

And the best part? Gears 4 also had a season pass.
For ugly Vintage skins and private matches, because I guess skrims are worth the extra $60.

I know I seem really passionate about Gears 4’s monetization but I can’t stress how intrusive and soul-sucking it was to where I couldn’t enjoy the game anymore despite Versus being the best it ever played in a Gears game. Only ActiBlizz can top the levels of nickel and diming with Black Ops 4.

TL;DGAS: Season Passes are an outdated gamble only justified by a few games and Gears has never had a proper, all encompassing SP. And I’ll be damned if we ever go back to gambling like Gears 4.

1 Like

Forces of Nature was covered by the SP. There were two free packs and the rest of the subsequent DLC was by SP, which if you bought the special edition gave you the SP at a discounted rate.

(https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-titles/gears-of-war-3-season-pass
The Season Pass allows you to order (at a 33-percent discount) four downloadable content packages for Gears of War 3. Season Pass purchasers also receive the exclusive Liquid Metal animated weapon skin. The Season Pass includes:

• Liquid Metal Weapon Skin Set
  • Horde Command Pack
  • RAAM’s Shadow: Pack 2
  • Forces of Nature Map Pack
  • Fenix Rising Map Pack)

The only good thing about Gears 4 model was that you could create almost everything by scrap and you could get credits from just playing the game to buy boxes, then scrap items, and you also got the currency from leveling up in the game. It was nice just to play. The rest of the stuff, the boxes themselves and some of the grind was a bit intolerable, but at least I could create almost any customization I wanted just by playing, scraping, and creating.

3 Likes