The Coalition obviously doesn’t care about the concerns relating to the totem system and the needs to grind. The Kantus unlock is poorly designed and obviously meant to encourage purchasing of the character. To unlock the Kantus you must do the following:
- Earn 60,000 XP playing Versus, Horde or Escape with the Kantus Totem equipped
- Get 300 Eliminations with Locust Weapons with the Kantus Totem equipped
- Revive 75 Teammates with the Kantus Totem equipped
- Get 100 Assists in Versus with the Kantus Totem equipped
- Complete 6 Acts of Escape on Advanced difficulty or above with the Kantus Totem equipped
Why are players being forced to play escape to unlock a character that can’t be used in that game mode? And the 60,000 exp grind is just there to draw out the unlock process.
I personally completed the challenges for the every character that I have unlocked long before the exp grind reached 60, 000 exp. I also cannot readily unlock characters by playing my preferred modes ( TDM, FFA and Koth). I find I am being forced to play horde and escape ( the weakest mode in the game in my opinion ) in order to unlock anything without opening my wallet.
Please share your thoughts and opinions.