Co op vs AI...I just don't get gamers here

I don’t play ranked much but forced myself to play so I can get the MS skins…I have been playing Co op vs AI for the Slaying it achievement, I’m at 89% along with the Mastery achievements and the veteran gear achievement…What I don’t understand is, when I play KOTH, gamers cap the hill. I get it, for points but drag it out. I’ve played with gamers that never touch it besides a bot and we play 30 min matches maybe more and rack up 100 kills+…anyone else play co op vs AI ?

1 Like

I used to when I did not have time for a full horde run and sometimes to clear some koth score 2 bounties. Since it was AI I would troll around the ring and target any bots trying to capture. I’d only cap if they somehow got in and had a good lead (rare). Not sure if it was kosher so that is why I did it on VS ai.

I usually see the lower ranked players doing it but it’s probably for bounties too

Same here. Almost every match there’s at least one hero that races to cap the ring. Very frustrating when you finally get a good weapon and the match is over.

Yea I can never understand why people actually play the objective vs AI. I always assumed that vs AI (especially casual) was to bang out some achievements and such for those that don’t like the multiplayer. I’m always shocked when I run into a AI lobby and there is a group actively trying to win the game. I’m like is this something you do? Do you actually enter vs AI and try to win rounds quickly? It doesn’t reward good credits or xp so I honestly don’t see one reason to play that game mode unless you are just so bad that casual AI poses a challenge to you. Which, to be fair, is a possibility

I guess when you get smoked in Versus you need to go against some casual bots to make yourself feel better. :joy:

2 Likes

Nah I just want to get those 5000 kills faster along with those weapon mastery achievements as well

1 Like

I got Slaying It in 2 days from a random group of players that didn’t cap the hill on War Machine and we took turns on the Troika. No communication, everybody was just on the same page.

1 Like

Not you, I mean those actually playing the objective. That’s the one mode I wish they’d stop playing the objective but nooooo they decide to avoid it in ranked instead.

I did my Slaying It in ranked play but that’s me. Others don’t want to.

1 Like

Yeah man I just flat out suck at MP so I’ll take the easy way out

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to get a bot to roll so I can get 1 more super ribbon for this last achievement but I’ve had no luck. They only roll from frags and boomshots but even then it’s only occasionally.

Got one super by total accident in a real game. Picked up the longshot, heard someone behind me, quick 180, blind fired as he jumped toward me and got a super just like that.

1 Like

Everyone sucks til they play more. Just a few months ago I sucked so bad it was utterly embarrassing. Now I’m onyx and still improving, though the improvement has slowed. But that’s the way it works with pretty much any skill you learn

1 Like

You laugh but it’s mostly why I do. :rofl: While I do like MP, idiots ruin it by being just that, idiots. I’m not the best in the world, nor claim to be. It’s the ones that think they’re “God’s gift to Gears” that make me stick to Horde/Co-op vs AI.

1 Like

Different strokes for different folks. Some peoples are in for kills toward the 5000, others for weapon achievements, others just to win a game with a specific character… Honestly i hate those bounties, everytime i select “Win as JD” i end up on Swarm, so when i get tired of it i just go do a quick bot game to cash my 100 credits.

There is a lot of reasons why peoples can be in those modes…

Recently I’ve been playing ranked for once and I do enjoy it alot but when I wanna rack up kills without going try-hard, I play vs AI. I would actually prefer private with XP but I understand why they didn’t do that. And I’ve never really chased the objective unless I’m on insane.

I can appreciate that position on MP. It’s nice but full of salty/annoying randoms.

1 Like

I believe upping the difficulty should help with the rolling.

usually play with insane to hardcore bots.

1 Like