Classic Baird should not be a

Like the title says classic Baird or any classic Delta squad should never be a reward . The classic Delta squad skins should come when you finish earning that character or buy it with scrap. This time sensitive reward for classic Baird is unacceptable. I am all for timed sensitive rewards but some things should never be timed sensitive like classic OG Delta squad… like I work all day have two children . I can only play at night and I can’t play every night and I only play tops 2hrs bc I got work early in the morning.

Like I know they did this to get people to play tod2 religiously, but what about the fans of gears that don’t have the time to grind or skill to do this . What about the player that gets the game late? Are you telling me he can never get the classic Baird skin ? Every gears you could get classic skins without time sensitive. Like how was this even approved … this is a big deal , thes are the most wanted skins in the game and you do it like this. is this what we are gonna expect to get all the other classics. This may be the first gears game I don’t get the classic Delta squad skins . Classic del and JD is obtainable with 100 scrap. Yeah it’s obvious you just doing this to get people to play more but really classic Baird as a time sensitive unlock.? This is so absurd, I am tired of your anti consumer business practices, why not be wise and see if you are pro consumer business practices you would see more revenue.

Now I got to look up strategys on how get 15,000 elims fast. Which probably means for the next three months I got to play certain modes or certain way that I don’t find fun at all. You TC are messing with my GOW experience and I don’t appreciate it. Now there is the threat I may never get classic Delta skins, bc I am pretty sure the others will follow suit. The reason this game is dwindling is bc your business practices and how stupid y’all are.

Wish me luck guys and advice would be nice on where to farm

Sorry posted this on the wrong thread I’ll take the one under general discussion off

4 Likes

Keep complaining tc hears you

2 Likes

These characters were previously free in other gears games. Now they’re holding them hostage unless we pay or grind until we go into a coma. This is ridiculous TC is not a mom and pop shop they are backed by a multibillion-dollar corporation. There shouldn’t be any damn Microtransactions at all. If the game was too expensive to make then maybe they should not have made it. Better no game than to Rob your customers.

7 Likes

yeah man its getting kinda ridiculous, why not give us the classic skins. Is gears 5 really gonna b the gears to not give us the classic skins without an easy grind? I dont mind if the grind is for a weapon skin but for a delta squad classic skin is crazy . so your telling me the baird classic skin will never be unlock able for me if i dont finish this tod challenges? . Like really?!?! thats like halo MC skin being lockd away forever if you cant finish a challenges.

1 Like

I figured he’d be a somewhat early on progression unlock for ToD 2 so almost all players could get him. The fact that he is hidden behind a bunch of medals that take a significant time to complete so not all players will unlock him is just one more F U fans decision that TC has made.

1 Like

You gotta grind to unlock Baird first, even if you have classic Baird

Honestly the game is run like a freemium game…

3 Likes

I’m not. Time sensitive rewards should not be a thing.

Similar to gears 4 and its “you have 3 days to get these characters from the packs and then they’re gone” nonsense.

7 Likes

I made a thread on this once and got flamed, people telling me that they have extremely busy lives but still manage to get the tod done. Well seems i was right because ive been seeing a few threads and comments on facebook as well. At least we dont have to pay for a tod pass

1 Like

I simply look at all the ■■■■ they want u to do…and say nope…characters n weapon skins should be earnable through gameplay…not with time constraints…and the shop can fk right off…dont mind the odd exclusive being behind a grind/store…■■■■■ baird behind totem ■■■■■■■■…then grind his cards to…and peeps support this…fkin laughable🤣

1 Like

I guess your right , modern age gaming as messed up my perspective

1 Like

You didn’t get flamed. Some people had a different opinion to you, is all.

I was honestly suprised that classic baird and gilded baird werent the other way round. It would have made much more sense. I just hope they don’t do this with any other classic delta skins. Or actually character skins in general. With the exception of classic baird i like the new rewards being the emotes and weapon skins. And us havin to progress through TOD to get character skins cause it mean i can come on. Do the dailies and still get the characters i want without a grind.

1 Like

I don’t like time sensitive stuff. If I’m on the clock and feel i have to grind a lot to get the reward I want you know what happens? I don’t play non stop, I certainly don’t pay real money to get it, I play something else. I got the classic Baird skin because I unlocked it while lvling up Baird and Lizzie at the start of the operation. I had to grind a bit to get the gilded Baird skin and I only did that because I was so close to it. If I waited till like “now” to start this operation. With my free time you can keep the Baird skins cause I even if had the time I wouldn’t play that much.
I miss war book from gears 3. You unlocked stuff as you played and you weren’t on a timer to do it. People play other games. They may not be around when TC drops a new operation or horde event. MHW at least tends to remedy this. If there was a special event and you missed it they would either bring it back a few months alter or just flt out make it part of the game. If you didn’t unlock it in X amount of weeks you could still earn it cause they put it in the game full time.

I could care less about emotes. Id rather they take out all the useless blood sprays, banners and pointers. I would rather the ToD be half as big as it is but the rewards would be worth it. Cooler skins, executions iron ect. Think about it, if they just kept the length of the ToD the same but took out all the boring stuff, it might actually be better.

2 Likes