Characters/mobile mind set

So we start with 5 Cog characters to choose from in MP? 3 Hive characters which have no story in the Gears universe and 3 characters from a different universe? Swarm? you have 7 and one that is a damn robot from a different universe? I’m just confused. If I beat the campaign do I get to play as Baird or Paddok etc? The skins I see in the tour are pretty generic…Or do I have to wait 3 months? Beyond that what is with this mobile mindset. Well you better play everyday and finish your dailies just to unlock this stuff…I know TC can’t win, but we said give us something to grind towards we didn’t mean give us the mobile version of it which always creates a paywall…

The Hivebuster characters do have a story in the Gears universe, they have lore just like everybody else. Keegan was Onyx Guard for instance, simply not have a part in campaign or a DLC doesn’t mean they didn’t put a story with them. Promo chars are promotional they don’t have to make sense but there are 2 Halo chars and Sarah Conner on the Cog side. If you read the news feeds they said new characters come out in October and can be earned any time without time constraints unlike Tour of Duty which just offers cosmetic skins. When you’re just unlocking cosmetics the need to unlock them and thus play everyday is a personal decision whether it’s the right decision they could have made as to the amount of playtime you have to put in to get them is up for debate, but you also don’t have to unlock them so nobody is telling you to go for any of it actually. The mobile mindset would be pay to win, cosmetics aren’t pay to win locking them behind pay walls isn’t the mobile mindset it’s just unpopular with the vocal minority (Forums as a whole are a vast minority so even the majority here are a vocal minority) id est here on the forum at least judging by the mal contentment on the matter.