Gears Forums

Change the fabricator please!

Come on guys change the fabricator back to where every character has full access to everything in the fabricator not everyone likes playing with a ton of people… please fix!!!

2 Likes

I agree slightly, although it’s then really annoying if you play as del with loads of upgrades and people build their own defences.
Maybe unlock everything if there isn’t an engineer in the game?

6 Likes

I agree

This is a better idea. Unlock all to all only if no Engineer or Jack. There was nothing more annoying in GOW4 when playing an Eng when folk start sticking out random stuff.

Also consider that in the early rounds when you have a Del and a Jack they are hopefully looking to get a forge up as soon as possible, so “lack of building things” in early rounds is not an indication your Del has no clue. In addition the Fabricator / Base may end up moving on wave 11 after the tap has popped, so any stuff put out in waves 1 to 10 will end up needing moving. Its pretty easy if all that needs moving is the Fab and Forge

2 Likes

Just unlock locker for everyone

3 Likes

That would be a better idea since I hate when non engineers build fortifications when there is little energy already without the Jack and Forge method which is not a fun way to enjoy a game.

1 Like

Respectfully disagree, as It emphasizes the importance of the Engineer’s role on the team.

3 Likes

It would be good to at least be able to build barriers. Some characters can’t even build that. They don’t need to be able to be upgraded, just the ability to have some defense. Kait can’t even build that. All she can do is make her current weapons and a few other things related to her class.
I mean, I do get it. Being an engineer in 4 was frustrating because everybody could build everything. I didn’t like it when people didn’t ask if they could build something or wouldn’t ask me to build something when I was the engineer and had discounts.
However, it should be team-based. If you have an engineer, then take off the restriction, if you have one then let the engineer work. That wouldn’t be a terrible idea.

Why not give us a UNIVERSAL card set. Like per fortification? If you want ur guy to build a wire he’ll have to equip it? If you want him to build a locker, youll have to equip it. Itll go woth their whole engie only people building but gives others a chance to build sumthin. Seeing as if one person builds their energy cost go up. On a per player basis. Which MOST people dont know. So its actually cheaper if other people buy things too. Just ALWAYS cheaper for engie to repair
So everyone semi gets what they want. Easy solution. Its not EXACTLY what people want, but its a consolation prize.

1 Like

Agree. I usually move fab on round 11.

2 Likes

only the engineer should be able to build
only thing that everyone else can build is lockers and that what it’s suppose to be

not worse then seeing a non engineer pay full price for a sentry while the eng has the discount cards
you promote quitting if that happens

you want to build pick Del

6 Likes

Sooo many ppl jus havnt grasped this yet it’s infuriating

Have they updated it so everyone else can build lockers now??

Or have you only played 1 char that could build a locker and are assuming that’s a preset for all?

Nah, only the Engineer should build stuff anyway.

3 Likes

The engineer, if there is one, should be the only one building. Not happy with how they boogered everything. I think if they made a few tweaks to GOW4 card system, it would be better than the **** we got now.

1 Like

Completely agree… Solution is to allow any players to build to level2.

That could work if they were a set of cards separate from the skills you equip.

Kait can’t even build lockers. She actually can’t build anything.

This is pretty bad for solo runs.

1 Like

The more you buy stuff the more itll start to cost. Its player based. So itll be more expensive for an engie to but things on later waves. Its just cheaper for engie to upgrade n repair. Test it and youll see.