Cant download on pc

I can’t download the game on PC. What do I do??

Specify more please :). Is there an Error code?

No error code,just is not downloading from the microsoft store. I

Latest windows update? Latest Windows Store Update?

If so, please try this:

Let me know if we were at help man.

Cheers,

3 Likes

I am trying to install on PC from the Microsoft store, but I keep getting a message saying “Try again later: Something happened on our end.”

Tried restarting PC, made sure I have enough disk space, followed the steps to reinstall gaming services, still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Further update: Saw a post saying to try and install using the Xbox PC app. When trying to download there I get the error code 0x80070005. Xbox support page only troubleshoots that error code for console - not PC

1 Like

Hey man,

Have you tried to download a dummy app from Windows Store? If so and the installation was successful, check if you were signed in xbox app. Also, download xbox beta app and download the game from there.

Moreover, make sure you have the latest windows update and/or Windows Store…

Edit: Xbox live was down for sometime, check now please.

Regards,

Installed the newest windows .net update and restarted my PC - that seems to have fixed it as it is now downloading. Thanks for the help

2 Likes

I’m also getting error code 0x00000001. Followed every step in the thread, even submitted an assistance ticket to The Coalition and Xbox CS. No dice so far. Windows 10 OS is at version 1903, signed out and in of Microsoft Store and Xbox (Beta), restarted Microsoft Store, installed Gaming Services app following command prompt link. Nothing. I really feel at odds end about this.

im having the same issues as you its so frustrating

Hey man,

Have you played tech test? If so, then it is easily to figure out what changes happened after.

Might be windows update has been interrupted, a specific windows update caused a side effect, or a corruption in Windows Store…etc

I’m sorry to break it to you, but Microsoft support will do nothing.

As for my self, I ran into this problem and I reset Windows 10 to resolve the problem.

Regards,

I played the Tech Test on my Xbox One. No account of Gears 5 in any capacity exists on my PC, however. Could you post the method you used to reset Windows 10, just so I can be sure I didn’t take any extra steps or mismanage the process? I also worry that if I reset my Windows 10 OS that what I have on my computer may become corrupted, as I’ve never had to do this before.

Cheers and thank you for your help.

1 Like

If its grayed out with an arror symbol on it… this is how you fix it.

look to the right. its under the Redeem a code button. there is a link that says “Administrator approval required for installation. See System Requirements.”

just click that and it will take you to the system requirements on the page. You Probably need to update your OS.

Its a Bad UI issue…

2 Likes

Hey man,

Sorry for the late reply.

As for resetting windows 10, basically you type Reset this PC in search bar, then you choose reset with keeping your personal files.

Beforehand, try to move any steam’s game that you have before to other partition, so you don’t bother re-download them later.

Just navigate through the steps by pressing Next until the process starts and then wait.

After you finish resetting windows 10, check for latest Update and also Update Windows Store apps.

That’s it :slight_smile:

Edit: Let me know by P.M if you need any help.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi Guys

I had the same issue, Then I manually updated windows to version 1903, Once I did this I clicked install through windows store and it worked without the error. Hope this helps.

Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update , and then select Check for updates . If updates are available, install them.

• If version 1903 isn’t offered automatically through Check for updates , you can get it manually through the Update Assistant.

When I try to download it through the Store nothing happens at all and when I try installing it with the Xbox beta app it starts preparing and says unkown error 0x00000001.
Windows is up to date store and beta app also.
Any ideas?

Mine wont install saying install on xbox I didnt think it mattered in the Microsoft store I requested a refund

Nice man. sorted out my issue.

I believe the Xbox (Beta) app forced an update this morning and not Gears 5 is downloading! I don’t exactly know why or how, but as long as it plays with no hiccups then I don’t care!

Thank you all that have responded to my questions with solutions. I am grateful for the help that you people have provided me and countless others that have had these issues.

Game On!

1 Like

… now Gears 5