Cannot Find Match In TDM/Execution On PC

I can’t find a single match of Team Deathmatch on PC at around 10pm. Been waiting for an hour and since there is no display of how many people in the queue, I don’t know how many people are left to start a game (this is a massive problem when searching for a match). This is the same for Execution but throughout the whole day.

This wouldn’t be an issue if there was an option to change what region you want to search in (however, that could cause lots of people with high ping pairing up with lower ping people). This only happened after the QOS update and that made finding matches a hell of a lot harder.

According to an Update made by TC last year:

Previously players would only be able to match with other players in the same region. Removing regional matchmaking means players will have more people to match with, resulting in higher quality matches.

To be honest, removing the Regional matchmaking means people will have less people to play with and so, what is the point of the higher quality matches if we can’t find the people to play with? There should be a balance between the two.

At least Gears Ultimate Edition allows us to change the region we want to play because EU is completely dead on all game modes . only US East have matches populated in KOTH and TDM (on console).

@TC_Octus @anon86589457 I hope there is something that can be done about this.

The game will pair me into a UK server if it can’t find a US server so the QoS isn’t necessarily limiting players One of your major issues is that so many players disable crossplay so if there is no one with crossplay turned on/not enough pc players (which I am told is limited) you won’t find a game.

1 Like

How easy is it to find an Execution match in the US with/without crossplay? even on console, I tried searching for an execution match without cross play and even after an hour, I couldn’t find a match.

About two months ago it took between 3-10 minutes so it’s not quick by any means and that’s on Xbox. I haven’t tried Execution since I got my Getting Competitive achievement though.

I’m on PC, South America and September was the last time I found ANY versus match searching solo.

The fix? search in a group,it will greatly improve your chances of finding games. I’m not saying you’ll find games in all modes, just that’s it’s easier for the system to put you in a game if you’re searching in a group.