Gears Forums

Can you kick people in custom horde lobbies?

How is this even possible,jack can bearly drag the fab,so putting it in a unreachalbe positition seem unlikely.

1 Like

Like I said I “heard” of people doing this but haven’t seen it. I know Jack can get to spots other people can’t because he can float. I’m assuming they pick up stuff and drop it on top of things where the icon is red. It’s not properly planted but it can be picked up and placed somewhere else. Thing is only Jack can reach it because he floats.

The fabricator can not be put down when it’s red. There’s no such thing as “not properly planted”, and it cannot be dragged upwards off the ground, hence it can’t even be brought up ledges. I “heard” you’re gullible.

1 Like

He’s not, I played with the guy that was doing it. Mainly what he would do to lose your matches for you is drag your defenses out in the open in the late round horde matches and boss waves, and then drag your fabricator somewhere safe and not let go of it so that you couldn’t use it to Rez people.

That isn’t what he said. He said Jack was putting the fabricator in unreachable areas and leaving, not “moving defenses around and holding on to the fabricator”. Don’t try and dispute what I say, when you’re not even following the conversation accurately.

1 Like

They really need to fix this. Clowns need kicked. Idiots that never deposit, put fortifications in stupid places and move them back when you fix the placement, or just sit somewhere safe and do absolutely nothing- just for a free ride, have GOT TO GO. I’d much rather give someone else a chance to join, or even take a bot over these numbskulls.

1 Like

Okay, nitpicker. Pick more nit. The gist of what he said what true, dude was trolling by making the fabricator unavailable. Don’t act smug because he had one small detail wrong.

Excuse me?

2 Likes

Custom lobbies have alot of good players playing master actually. The title of the lobby indicates the strategy, use a mic, and you’ll find lots of good players. I’ve added a dozen new horde friends in the past month. Lots of players play by very strict strategies and it’s important to communicate and agree on strategies before the match. Kicking players, especially AFK players and griefers is essential. Coalition needs to add this ASAP, It makes no sense that the host can kick a player in the pre-game lobby but not in the match.

3 Likes

Okay, guy who apparently lacks reading comprehension skills, go brush up on your comprehension of reading. You still aren’t getting it. I wasn’t “acting smug because of one detail.” His entire comment was based on “hearing” that Jack could carry the fab and float up to unreachable areas, (which is impossible) then quitting. Then you came in with these slightly related, but ultimately irrelevant comments about people trolling in other ways, which actually are possible. It’s sad that I’ve to explain this to you twice already, and you’re still replying directly to me with nonsense. Just. Stop.

1 Like

Ah sorry mate hahaha that’s not directed at you specifically, unless you tend to display behaviour that’s worthy of kicking :wink: trolling, playing completely selfishly in a particulay cohesive team-based mode, being afk for regularly extended time-frames, etc. Etc.
I’d assume you’re aware of the fact “clown” is a common label for idiots, and don’t take my comment personally.

That’s quite a wall of text just to say “Yes, I nitpick because I can’t handle being publicly contradicted”. Sokay, everyone else already knows, man.

1 Like

No worries, I don’t even play Horde

1 Like

I had this a minute ago when i hosted a public match, some one came in as JD and kept taking $7000 out of the fabicator to refill his grenades. There was a weapon locker right next fabricator with two free slots…go figure, cost us the game.

2 Likes

One match on Insane I think we didn’t have the meta comp but I’m all for giving it a try anyway. We had a Sarah that was spending a few grand to refill their grenades. Then that Sarah went afk for enough waves that I think the game kicked her for inactivity. We ended up going to like mid 30s but we lost because the host left. Had that not happened I think we could have cleared it.
We need a vote to kick option at least. I don’t like just the host having that power because there’s a good # of ■■■■■■■■ that will boot people to be a troll.

You sound like a good host but my problem is what if the host is a ■■■■? If it’s a vote it would prevent that. If 1 person is being a troll and it took 3 out of 5 votes to kick that person I believe it would be fair.

In gears 1 My very first online match I was kicked from a room for killing the host with a chainsaw.
Another game on warmachine the host kicked me because instead of running for the boomshot I ran up stairs to the chaingun and mowed down half his team.
I’ll take the power of a group over an individual. It helps to keep the 1 in check. Not perfect but I consider it the lesser of two evils.

In that case I have to agree. I tend to play horde with my brother, his son, and our cousin. We tend to not open the lobby to public for fear of 1 person coming in and screwing us over.

That’s why I enjoy being Jack, sometimes.

Locking this due to going off topic and arguing. Please remeber to keep discussions within the Guidelines of this board.

Thank you.