Can we get the old main menu music back. please🥶

It was so nice, because it gave off such calm and ‘icy’ vibes and captured the tone perfectly that Gears 5 wanted to set. The current music is very good, but I prefer the old one.

Maybe even just put a toggle in for it if that’s possible.

:snowflake: :musical_score:

1 Like

They cant even post the TWIG in the gears forums. I doubt they would bring back the old gears 5 music.

Also… gears 5 main menu music>>> gears 4.

8 Likes

The game is much more peaceful with music off lol

3 Likes

On the whole I prefer the new music and the way it varies from mode to mode. But I admit I do miss the old music from time to time. A toggle would be preferred, but they’re not going to make any fundamental updates to the game from here on out. The time’s passed.

2 Likes

1000000%. It’s not even close! Gears 4’s menu music was an absolute embarrassment to the Franchise. Boring, generic. There was nothing about it that said “Gears of War”.

I still like it as a videogame soundtrack but it definitely doesn’t feel gears at all lol.

For me it goes

Gears 2
Gears 1
Judgement

Judgement had no business having a soundtrack like that :triumph:

If it wasnt for nostalgia, I would have it at 1st place.

5 Likes

Hm. Ranking OSTs sounds fun. I think I’d go…

1 > J > 2 > 5 > 3 > 4

While Gears 2 is often praised for its OST, I feel like most of its best work is just a continuation of Gears 1’s tracks. Aside from the heroic feeling of Hope Runs Deep and Heroic Assault that continued to be mainstays, I feel Gears 1 did it better. Then Gears 3 similarly suffered by doing what Gears 2 did, but Gears 2 did it better. It essentially started getting derivative.

Judgment is really underrated. You’re right. It had no business being that good.

But I actually love portions of the Gears 5 soundtrack. 5 had a different feel than the original trilogy, and the music reflects that well. Gears 4, on the other hand, just feels sort of generic in comparison to every other game. It has a bit of the Gears feel, but not much. There’s nothing from that game I look up on Youtube just to listen to, you know?

It bored me to tears, just didn’t have any place being there.

Ah, the Judgment music. We’ve had this debate many times so I’m just going to give you a :+1:. :joy:.

Sorry lol, I should’ve wrote main menu soundtracks

In that case its

J

But the entire game soundtrack?

J

1 for me just has hit after hit, I love literally every part of the soundtrack. My favorites probably being 14 years, EBA, and tomb of the unknown.

2 in my opinion only has a couple great soundtracks, like hope runs deep (Its the best gears theme song ever, I will die on this hill defending this too), Prescotts speech, and rolling thunder.

Judgement also has plenty of bangers, I love most of the soundtrack, it somehow feels like a fresh experience but it also sounds like gears at the same time.

5 is great due to its adventurous theme that it has going on, it also stays consistent to the gears theme too, its just not as dark.

I cant remember 4 and that’s probably why its lowest on this list lol.

I listen to all of the gears soundtracks except for 4. So that’s saying something lol.

1 Like

It’s a great game but the soundtracks suck,

I’m telling you man, give it a listen. It’s really underrated.

2 Likes

I legit forgot TDM versus has music playing once a team runs out of lives. Been awhile since I’ve had music on lol

1 Like

I really really don’t like the music that plays in escape. I turned it off a few days after the game came out. I like the music that got put into the main menu after OP5 but I keep the music off.

1 Like

They changed the Escape music to whatever you can call the current version of it at some point(maybe Op 3). Not really sure if I’d call it an improvement.

It sounds awful and I won’t ever put it back on lol

I certainly preferred how it was originally, that’s for sure.

It is tho. It also plays when someone has I think 10 or 5 kills left in FFA.

You know what they say about opinions.

And I don’t play Versus of any kind in Gears. Wouldn’t know a thing about it beyond superficial things.

Oh yeah that music is pretty good, I dont play FFA all that much but I do remember that music.

you aren’t livid till you hear…the wii menu music

also Ultra shaggy is no longer a meme it actual canon now

1 Like

Family

A Nightmare Reborn