Can gears 5 get a new main music?

I dint like the music in gears 5 main menu very much. It sounds to military and triumphant. I want a dark scary theme. Even those gears 4 music was very simple it still had a grittier tone that I liked. I doubt they will ever change it thow.

I mean—Gears 2 and 3 are often most attributed as being the greatest themes, and they’re heroic and triumphant.

I like it, and it seems the music changed into OP3.

2 Likes

Add Gears 1 to that. Amazing themes both for Locust and COG and imo the best round-end themes for PvP in the franchise.

5 Likes

Gears 4’s main menu theme was unbelievably drab. It only added to the blandness of having JD’s babyface staring awkwardly into space.

3 Likes

Oh please g4 music was horrendous.

It didn’t. 1-3 all had great themes, don’t remeber J. Even 4 was ok, but 5 is just generic.

1 Like

Gears 5 menu music is actually pretty great. I always find myself humming it.

3 Likes

I agree with this. While it’s sequels had a fantastic OST, there was always something unique about Gears 1’s OST. Very dark, eerie and suited the game perfectly.

Gears 5 main menu music is the first in the franchise that I’ve turned the music volume to 0 on.

1 Like

Same here lol.

1 Like

I agree, the track “Family” feels too uplifting.

I’m still hoping for “Kait’s Theme” as an option to play over every menu.
I like it about as much as “14 Years After E-Day”.

I agree. I hum it all the time while waiting for games.

I think one issue was the change in composer (Not that Jablonsky was bad) and it meant the 2/3/Judgement OSTs felt more samey whereas 1 was wholly unique. Same with 4 and 5 now.

Idk who scored Tactics but it sounds very Gears 1 and Dark Souls-y.

They need to bring hoffmans victory speeches and the music back
When you win the music aint good enough right now and jin is crap

I know. I didn’t see the problem with Kevin Riepl, but seemingly they were aiming for “bigger” and more “movie-esque”.

It probably paid off, we got exact that while Gears 1 now had kept it’s own original soundtrack. I’ve not heard anything from Tactics yet but I’ll get around to it.

I found the soundtrack you can find it, and at least the main theme here;

It’s an interesting listen.
5 Likes

Oooh, now that’s more like it!

Instant like for the classic Gears of War chime at 8 seconds.

I agree with you, based on that song alone, that it definitely is reminiscent of Gears of War 1.

2 Likes

It plays the classic motif another 2 or 3 times I think. I listened to the rest of it last night and saw a lot more little details and references music-wise. But about halfway through the full soundtrack I heard one that sounded like a Dark Souls boss fight if that makes sense.

1 Like

Thanks for posting that. Nice.

1 Like

Haha I only played a bit of Dark Souls but I know what you mean.

1 Like