Bring back 5 v 5!

Bring back 5v5 slow and not fun 4 v 4 let people stack teams if they want quit crying

23 Likes

And revert the tuning!

17 Likes

When it started it was great put it back to operation 1 tuning and LEAVE IT ALONE just work on maps and for the love of everything holy bring back 5 players

4 Likes

Wait what? Sorry I’m not that crazy

2 Likes

:cookie:

For you. Take it.

4 Likes

5v5 is significantly better but it’ll be a fat no

7 Likes

YES!!! I’ve tried to like it. I’m not going to get into it the lancer is just too weak and the movement speed and weapon switching speed sucks.

4 Likes

I agree with the 5v5, we only can play with a lot of friends in Horde or one less in KOTH, This is pretty bad, you need to left behind one friend If we want to play rankeds, and sometimes you just don´t want to play Horde.
Plus TDM is not for Teams , just for couples, you can´t do strategy with your “team”, we need at least this mode for full team 4v4 or other mode in rankeds for full teams with bros.
But we defenitly need back 5v5 this is Gears 5 no GOW Ultimate Edition

5 Likes

what’s the point, you can’t even get a full lobby of 4v4

1 Like

I can’t find much fun in this game until they do the following:

1.) Fix the constant stuttering many PC players face. I am dropping as low as 2 FPS and many drops to 40-60 when I should be at 120-144FPS. Lowering the games performance doesn’t help at all. Clearing my cache doesn’t help but an complete uninstall and reinstall does. But I am not going to do this after each play session.

2.) Revert the tuning. The delays and slow movement are snore inducing and it’s clear the maps were designed for 5v5 with a faster tuning.

1 Like

Sure, bring back 5v5, but on one condition…give lone wolves the option to filter out getting matched up with full stacks. There is NOTHING fun about that crap on our end, besides on the off chance we actually pull off a W, then it feels great. But I’d rather just have the option to wait longer for an all solo lobby.

5 Likes

Honestly, this shouldn’t even need to resort to being a toggle for players. Their matchmaking should function in a way that doesn’t consistently match solos against 4-5 player teams. Occasionally, solo players will round out a 4v5 or 3v5 match and that is perfectly understandable. It boils down to their inability to implement a decent matchmaking system that measures both player skill and party size.

Personally, I was a solo/duo player and I would take back 5v5 even if it didn’t come with matchmaking improvements. Match-size reduction is an incredibly regressive and narrow-minded solution that I don’t want to see carried into the next iteration of Gears of War. Unfortunately, moves like these are basically TC’s trademark at this point.

2 Likes

Yes bring back 5v5 gears 5 was never meant for 4v4. Make a separate lobby for solo queue’s and one for squads. Would solve both problems.

4 Likes

Bring back 5v5,

Add 6v6 :raised_hands:

6 Likes

â– â– â– â– , bring in Big Team Battle. Imagine a 20v20 mode with Boomshots and Snipes and Nades all over the map.

4 Likes

Look at Battlefield they are putting 128 players into 1 match for the reboot game. I would love a big map with lots of action going on everywhere. In Gears of War style that would be Epic but we can only dream of it for now. They need to evolve this franchise. It’s been the same since Gears 1.

5 Likes

yes
bring back 5vs5 add for FFA with 14 Players

players are poorly replenished in the match

1 Like

Yep they’re going backwards instead of forwards

If anything we should be getting bigger and better modes now consoles are more powerful and such.

A ground war style domination/hardpoint/gridiron game mode would be very cool and fresh for gears, 8v8/10v10 or something. Various weapons around and something game changing in the middle like hammer of dawn, lancer GL, mortar etc. Could create some very interesting larger scale maps too.

Sort the servers out first and foremost though.

5 Likes

I like 4v4. Makes for better strategy and more opportunities to make plays. If there’s a ring that they’re holding down and you can manage to take someone out. You can then push as a team to have a better chance at taking the ring. You’ll have numbers, with 5 it just feels like even against decent people they still have a chance to keep you back. Think of in foundation where the shocks are and the ring is there. In 4vs if you kill someone there’s 3 people back there lancering. All 3 probably won’t be in the back cause someone can position themselves on the ramp to kill whoever runs in but it’s more strategy and more of a reward for the team that managed to kill that 4th player at the ring.

If it’s a 5v they can still hold thay ring down and you can get 3 in the back with the guy still watching boom on the ramp to kill whoever’s charging in. Just seems more like a crapshoot but I don’t hate 5v5 either. The game was made with that in mind with maps like icebound and such

2 Likes

In other words, you prefer 4v4 because it’s hard for you to break the hill, gotcha.

1 Like