Boutista=Marcus? He thinks so

Too short

I dont think a franchise has to be popular to make it into a movie. If they make it, people will see it even if they never heard of GOW

1 Like

I think the problem is BECAUSE it was popular and then declined. Many people are familiar with the name, but aren’t buying the game anymore which means the film can potentially suffer a similar fate. It’s sometimes easier when you have a brand that few have heard of. Once people develop an “it’s ok but I’m not interested anymore” attitude, it’s hard to crack that.

1 Like

I have been hoping since gears 2 to see a movie… but I just don’t see it happening anymore…
even tho I think it would be awesome to have Bautista as Marcus, I don’t think it would be popular enough anymore to be a box office win.

1 Like

I see what your saying but if done right I think it could breathe new life into the franchise. As long as its done right. If they can put together a great cast and stunning visual effects I know people who would see it that never heard of gears .

Wasn’t the rock rumoured to be Marcus years and years ago?

not that I can remember. I don’t recall there being any type of casting rumors when the movie was first brought up

Yeah it had a trailer in 2008-2009

1 Like