Boss Location near the fabricator? Please help!

Hello fellow Gearheads,

I have been playing public horde in Gears 4 lately with some randoms and have discovered a huge game-breaking issue. I have noticed that the horde bosses (such as Carrier/Snatcher) keep seeming to appear by our fortification setup every boss wave. This has happened on like 10 multiplayer maps…this must be some sort of glitch that TC has clearly missed as they’ve been working on Gears 5. It makes no sense because it is something that is ruining our Horde games as the bosses are destroying my base setups that I took the whole game to create.

This is BS…how can The Coalition be trusted to make Gears 5 Horde function and play better than Gears 4 horde when they can’t even figure out how to make the boss waves reasonable?!

How can they be expected to fix this in 3 weeks ???

Are you putting the fab at the end of a map or in the middle of the map?

What difficulty are you playing and what levels are your teammates on average?

How close are the bosses spawning? It’s common for them to spawn in the middle of the map when you have the fab at the end.

It’s also quite common for a boss to destroy a lot of stuff. If your squad is decent and the scout picks up all the power and has deposit bonus it’s usually not a big deal to rebuild after a boss wave, assuming you killed the boss. You should have plenty in the fab afterward to do so. If you don’t, then there’s an issue with the scout.

I play a decent amount of horde and in my experience the boss spawns aren’t an issue. They are intense and inconvenient sometimes but it’s supposed to be that way

Biggest issue may be how spread out the team is on the map when the round begins. Your team may actually be forcing the boss to spawn where your fortifications are located.

1 Like

Well the opening dialog is protect the fabricator. Just build barriers and centuries surrounding the fabricator. Also it helps to keep 5 to 6 decoys in base by fab to mimic a stronger presence .this should keep (scare) the bosses away or another option is to just run away and hide till the boss leaves the area .hope this helps fab tools for all and please help the scout out by grabbing the power up its hard to find all that power

3 Likes

Oh boy…

6 Likes

You don’t need to protect the fabricator. It can’t be destroyed. Use it as a free barrier.[quote=“sethersmorris, post:4, topic:20996”]
. Also it helps to keep 5 to 6 decoys in base by fab to mimic a stronger presence .this should keep (scare) the bosses away
[/quote]

Decoys attract enemies, they don’t repel.

3 Likes

Three years later…

3 Likes

Also if you are playing the Boss rush game variant they will spawn very close to you as well…

Yes, and you should also help the engineer build stuff… That is very important as well… :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

6 Likes

And it’s easier to purchase weapons from the fabricator than find them on the battlefield.

1 Like

Pffft… Picking weapons up off the ground?? That is for plebs… I only buy my weapons from the fabricator, and I also make sure to take all of the weapons from weapons lockers and use them up as well…

I am also a fan of the game where the other players melee me… It’s so much fun…

4 Likes

This is why I refuse to play public Horde. I play as Sniper and i only need 1 weapons locker. It (my weapon) would still get stolen!

3 Likes

Or ill just kill all the dirt with lvl 6 mortor strike hide and come out when its over you’ll be just fine

1 Like

And no one has learnt a frigging thing.

4 Likes

I remember being a noob. :sweat_smile: I should get my 10 year old to start running a horde school.

1 Like

You know those parents who are yelling and screaming at their kids during the little league games? Yeah, that’s me when we play Gears only when my 10 year old is playing a heavy and he buys a fortification from the fab, I’m like DUDE!! C’MON… WHAT ARE YOU DOING!! YOU’RE A HEAVY, NOT AN ENGINEER… IF YOU WANT TO BUILD BE AN ENGINEER!!! He has learned… I still need to break him from opening the supply drops… lol

To the OP, as others have said, enemy and boss spawns are preset. They can be affected by the Fabricator which blocks out a certain radius, as well as the position of players. Fortifications can in some situations also block and push enemy spawns, but this is typically limited and requires very precise placement of fortifications and only certain spawns.

Fortifications don’t create a blocking radius but can block spawns if they are directly on top of a spawn.

Also grenade tags on the ground can also do the same thing as fortifications and if in very specific areas can block and push spawns.

Enemies must spawn. If through some combo of player positions, Fabricator position and fortification and grenade tags too many spawns are blocked or affected, the enemy (including bosses) will be forced to spawn within areas that are normally safe.

Thing is, Boss spawns are much more limited due to their size so some spawn areas will be too small for them.

Bosses tend not to spawn that close to the Fabricator, but I guess it could be close-ish depending on the above factors. I’d be interested to see footage or a picture.

4 Likes

No need to bother with all of that fortification nonsense, just leave on wave 1. Thats the best way to play. Bonus fun if you start as scout or engineer!

2 Likes

Wave 1?? Hmm I’ll have to try that… I usually leave before the map even loads… :wink:

1 Like

You miss the best part.

I always refuse to kill myself for power so I can melee and shoot at whoever decides to pick the fabricator up. That way when I leave, they will feel sad that their actions caused my behavior.

2 Likes

Dude, mine is bada$$. Totally rocks it in horde, and silver on KOTH. :grin:

1 Like