Boost is a waste of money and XP is pointless

So what is the point of xp and leveling up if there aren’t any rewards? All the rewards are in the tour of duty which is completely and totally separate. Why doesn’t leveling up also help progress your tour level??

Instead you can only progress your tour level by doing 3 random challenges each day… and those challenges probably aren’t even relevant to the modes you actually want to play. And if you want to randomly switch them out you gotta use iron (pay $). I thought TC said we’d be unlocking stuff just playing…

This system seems so unnecessarily convoluted and from what I can tell makes the boost (and xp in general) completely and utterly pointless.

*please tell me I’m missing something, because this tour of duty system is a massive let down

10 Likes

I agree there’s nothing gain from leveling up. No characters, no character skins, no weapon skins, no scrap and no Iron. Nothing

4 Likes

I think there are reup level related achievements, but apart from that no. One more reason to not buy microtransations.

3 Likes

Totally agreed with you. Pre-ordered the game, i hate the unlock system, single player is bugged, cant play multipalyer modes because of server issues, tour of duty forces me to play modes i dont like, basically i hate everything about the game right now. Its a GREAT game i guess, but its burning in the dumpster fire. Nothing works here, honestly. Im so disappointed.

3 Likes

Same here! I’m massively disappointed because everything the devs said was a criminal lie, “most in depth customization we’ve ever made” really?! Why can’t I even do something as simple as change my weapons in a RANKED MULTIPLAYER MATCH!, there is absolutely zero customization and progression and a huge step backwards for the franchise. Beyond disappointing it’s an absolute outrage

5 Likes

Glad you guys agree! It’s so frustrating. They even used the 30 days of boost as a selling feature for ultimate edition… as if it was going to help us get stuff faster. Didn’t realize it would bring absolutely no value whatsoever. I think it’s pretty shady. This unlock system is so not player friendly. It’s like you have to do a mini seriously 5.0 just to get a Gnasher skin.

4 Likes

They ■■■■■■ us again but this time it’s worse than Gears 4.

Grinding is horrible.
Progression is useless.
No new character to unlock, only stupid skins from campaign.

Borderlands 3 is coming.
Gears 5 will be OK in 2 years for sure.

5 Likes

We should have control of boosts also,like in rainbow six you get to choose when you switch it on,not with TC though,another flawed ripoff.

4 Likes