Bigger, Badder, Buggier

I’m Cliffy B, ask me anything.

Going to be announcing something big in a little while, stay tuned Gears-fam!

6 Likes

Are you gonna announce that your gonna run Gears into the ground like your last few projects???

5 Likes

Wet blanket alert

1 Like

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hey there Ed, first thank you for being a fan of Lawbreakers, you were one of our day one supporters and clocked in an impressive 6000 hours in the first week of launch.

Secondly, no, it’s big news and it’s going to excite a lot of you, my fans and the gaming industry. I always say the future looks brighter when it’s being reflected from my teeth, so stay tuned!

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Interestingly enough, Rod and I actually had a working concept for the original Gears of War where we were going to incorporate a blanket launcher.

The idea came from when I was having a sleepover at Rods place and our blanket fort collapsed, trapping me in a blanket.

The weapon would launch a large blanket, electrified with water that would trap players underneath kind of like the Predator meets Silk Sheets.

Unfortunately we ran out of time and had to cut it from the game. But maybe we’ll revisit it?

:eyes:

2 Likes

It’s okay man. Tomorrow is Monday, we all know it. You’re strong, you can make it through the week.

Fun fact:

Rod actually snuck in a stamina bar for the single-player campaign in Gears of War 1 on a monday while I attended an event out of town.

Very strange concept, wasn’t a fan but that’s why you can’t run forever in Gears 1 campaign.

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We can’t run from our problems forever, that’s for sure. We gotta face them some times.

2 Likes

Yes, exactly Nina.

When those of us at Epic played Gears and constantly had Gnashers in our faces, ruining our day, we decided to face the problem head on.

Instead of running, we punished those who were able to play that way by incorporating many new methods of stopping Gnasher play.

Then, if you complained,we told you to “adapt”. We were proud of how we handled that mess.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Sorry Norma, I have many fans as the genius behind multi billion dollar franchises.

Unreal Tournament
Gears of War
Lawbreakers
Radical Heights
Jazz Jackrabbit

Unreal Engine

I lose names easily among the crowd

1 Like

You forgot Xbox Live and The Intertubes

1 Like

Rod actually personally wired the dedicated servers using a stratagem overcapcitator and ran his litmus ejection facilitator absorbent into the mainframe of the HDD A/V Aux using a little elbow grease and some mind-work by yours truly.

It’s the reason Gears 2 ran impeccable and Gears 3 onwards was smooth sailing.

I believe he used the same transitory approach to mitigate ping on Gears 4 and Gears 5.

You’re most welcome Niles.

3 Likes

Best thread ever

2 Likes

Cliffy, what is your opinion on the upcoming Gears card game?

This whole thread just had me dyin for a solid 5mins😂 ty

2 Likes

Hi Clff.

how’s everything going , I just wanted to tell you THANKS for creating Gears of War specially 3 , its the best shooter game ever.

In my list of BEST GAMES IN THE WORLD I have put Gears 3 in third place as I show here in this list:

1. CHESS
  2. ORI AND THE WILL OF THE WISPS
  3. Gears of War 3 .

I really hope Microsoft can give you a job on the Coalition and you could create something better than Gears 5 , that without a doubt I know you will do.

Thanks for you creativity and Passion.