Better koth point distribution

When faced with certain circumstances the 9nly way to obtain the hill is with cross fire, its a big part of obtaining the hill, yet the person who is running around doung so much important stuff such as stopping the enemy from obtaining power weapons or flanking the enemy as they come from spawn towards the hill get very little points to show fir their actions, if they were to just go for the hill and not do these things and try to acquire more points they would loose the game yet they dont get rewarded for it, there are an extreme amount of koth games where the game would have been lost if i wasnt trying to stop the enemy at the source, ill get best kd and we wiil win the game yet im at the bottom of the leader board if i were to run to the hill like every one else on the team we would loose, the elusive and tricky dont get recognized in koth

1 Like

luckily for you kills are weighted the most in koth in terms of gaining rank

1 Like

I feel like breaks are very undervalued. The guy who gets the break often dies, But the guys crossing for him get not only the kills but the cap points.

I used to be the guy getting most breaks in every match but it’s so unrewarding. Especially now that I end up in higher level lobbies and it’s lancer city. I used to make clips of me breaking the hill and getting triples and quads in the hill, back when I was on gold lobbies. Now, if I tired that I’d be downed by 4 guys before getting anywhere near that hill. I actually enjoy social KOTH because people just run around going for kills.

4 Likes

i always find it funny in team death match when both teams are on their last lives everyone immediately starts to camp and revaluate their lives lol

3 Likes

Lol, OMG, I went through that over and over today. First time running solo in months and these randoms would use up all the lives. Then, when we’ve certainly lost, I go out like a spartan only to find all my teammates NOW want to play smart. So, like today, I went 20-10, died, and got to watch mr 5-16 and 4-11 camp for several minutes on end because now they decided to stop rushing.

1 Like

yup that’s how it goes

Yup, I hear you…

That’s what I usually do, power weapon pickup/denial… I’ve played a few games where I would prevent the other team from getting nades and drop/boom almost every time they spawned (I run re-spawn timers); a lot of times I would die in the process (backpacking them), but it kept my team safe to cap/keep/etc… Then these idiots on my team are complaining I don’t have enough kills, even though we won the round…

So I say, fine, I’ll go and lancer and gnasher… And then they rage about getting blown up in triples and quads by nades and power weapons, and we lose the round…

When playing with a team it’s one of my biggest pet peeves when people complain about the other team getting and using power weapons, but they don’t do anything to stop that…

Anyway, back to the original topic: yes, playing KOTH to win as a great team player, complementing your team’s strengths AND playing KOTH for POINTS/RANK are orthogonal. You have to pick, one or the other… For me, it’s frequently a catch 22: I can do power weapon duty and we’ll win, but I won’t get any points/rank… Or I can try to kill and get points, but then we LOSE, so I don’t get any rank… Lol…

All depends on the team…

IMO it’s total idiocy that KILLS determine rank movement in objective based game modes… It’s like, what’s the point of having different ranks for different game modes, if they are all based off of the same statistic (kills)? Just have 1 rank for CORE and 1 for COMP…