Best way to utilize the Flame Thrower?

I know brawler is the obvious choice but I was wondering if there’s a good setup to have for the scorcher? What cards should I keep and what should be discarded?

Use the firestarter Ben outfit, you will not be disappointed.

In all honesty, I use the scorcher damage card and pyro. Those are the two cards that I think are useful for a scorcher build. Also soothing warmth and maybe perk up? That max health card?

1 Like

So you don’t need the 30% active rounds chance?

All the Glory - Would help blow them up.
Pyromaniac - More burn damage.
Scorcher Mastery - More Scorcher damage.
Glow and Slow - Slows down burning enemies’ movement

That is for bullets. It can work on Buzzkill, I think.

What if I need to take down something from a short to far distance though?

Then you can either wait for them to get close, get closer to them, or use Play with Fire card to shoot flaming bullets. Even with Play with Fire as 5th card, I know it would be squishy. I only just wrote everything that benefits flamethrower.

Hmm, what’s the safest load out then? (that isn’t squishy)

With flamethrower or Play with Fire?

Scorcher Mastery
Pyromaniac
Inner Fire
Perk Up
Optional

Play with Fire
Scorcher Mastery
Pyromaniac
Inner Fire
Perk Up

You could have one from Inner Fire or Perk Up, but it’s up to you. Build it however you want.

I’m not sure actually tbh lol.

Best way to use is to not use it at all

If you really want to use the Scorcher (which I still do not recommend as of yesterdays run), I suggest something like this:

Soothing Warmth
Perk Up
Pyromaniac
Scorcher Mastery
Play With Fire

You don’t necessarily need All The Glory since you’ll set everything on fire anyways and you can make up for the explosions by just using a Lancer GL as your long ranged weapon.
Soothing Warmth compensates for setting the floor on fire with active rounds on the Scorcher but you basically have to be next to the enemy (mainly against bosses or if they get too close to the base). I do not recommend charging into masses of enemies once double damage is around outside the base, they still melt you.
While I had most kills and damage on the Daily with this build, I just found the Scorcher to be lacking with damage and since you have to be close to enemies, you basically constantly put yourselves at risk.
I recommend staying with a ranged build (or tackle build). It’s safer and you’re just more efficient. Ammo can be pretty tight with such a Scorcher build since you’ll mainly be on range still and not using the Scorcher often or otherwise risk yourselves being killed.

I’m testing the Following Build:

Soothing Warmth
Pyromaniac
Inner Fire
Thrashball Pro
Perk Up

To Test whether, 95% Melee D.R can apply to Soothing Warmth.

The Concept like “If you burn with me, I’ll burn with you”

I think it’s the Best Build to use Flame Thrower, the Melee Punishment is reduced by 95% Damage.

It would really better if Brawler have some Immunity to Flame Damage.

Currently, Brawler Build on Scorcher can’t play because there’s no Optimal Build.

You either lack the Survival Ability or lack the Immunity on Flame or lack the Effectiveness of Damage Output.

Only Stupid Boomshot Scion can able to bypass you face-to-face and still shoot you. It seems they’re rarely to Do Melee.

Grenadier Elite & Lambent Grenadier are hardly to Do Melee when face-to-face them.

Always use Pyromanic and Scorcher Mastery for damage output. All the Glory is a solid though not required card if you feel you want more oomph.

Inner Fire + Perk Up is a decent combo but will not do nearly enough on Incon/Master higher waves.

Glow and Slow will make a good chunk of the enemies a lot more manageable. IMHO Thrashball Pro is just a crutch alternative, Glow and Slow will prevent melee enemies from getting too close while providing utility for your team.

Soothing Warmth is still not worth a card slot under any circumstances.

You just point out Scorcher in this moment isn’t Good to play in High Difficulties when “More Lethal” & The Poison Kicks out.

If the Engineer push far from your Base, you just can’t Do Everything with Scorcher.

Hence, playing Scorcher Build needs the Card Soothing Warmth, but it’s Too Weak to apply the Benefit.

Assault Rifle with Playing with Fire can’t Do High Damage, even having difficulties to Kill a Drone when it comes to “More Health” x 2

The current Build on Scorcher isn’t enough to play even in Inconceivable. Mid Range (5-10M) in using Flame Thrower and you’re easily to get Punishment with the Perfect Active Reload on Scorcher.

That’s why there’s No Players tend to Recommend using the Scorcher Build because it can’t Do Much. If you focus on Damage, you lack your Self-Defense. If you focus on Survival, then you need Early Perks on Compensate the Damage.

However, like having the Instant Reload this Set of Modifier, this Build can Do more Reasonable because you’ve enough Damage for Scorcher.

Oh I absolutely would not recommend it, but if you pick cards to its strength (decent damage and slowing enemies), you can make the scorcher work. Trying to make it into something its not and facetank enemies out in the open simply does not work. Soothing Warmth only provides healing which will not save you from all the 1-hit downs on Incon/Master. In fact, it is more likely to get you killed considering the extremely limited range. Thrashball Pro can give you near-immunity to melee units sure, but those are not a threat if you take Glow and Slow instead.

1 Like

I go with:
Inner Fire
All the Glory
Perk Up
Scorcher Mastery
Pyromaniac

It works well, especially if you get a bit more health from perks to keep you from getting a light tickle from an Elite Drone.
If you’re good at moving you can pull off some nice ninja burns and melt flocks and things.