Best Map of All Time?

(VettleGT) #41

My favorites too… Loved process and garden!

(H9216M151) #42

Mine was Speyer…For both vs and Horde. As for the worst map I have ever played on any game ever it will be Fallout.

(iLegendairy Cow) #43

River and Blood Drive. I know the latter is controversial to some, but I love it’s linearity and aesthetic. Granted, most GoW2 maps were really well done

(GB6 Kazuya) #44

Gears of War 2 was the best for new maps.

(lildog Jim) #45

Here comes RAAM pulling RAAM into the Kryll.

(lildog Jim) #46

That title for worst map ever goes to either Gears 1 Bullet Marsh or Gondola.

(Greenemail) #47

My vote for worst map was rooftops.

Best: Process (From Gears 1). I can’t believe this map was never used in any other Gears.

(Omen LP) #48

Gridlock Windflare, with lighting :wink: ?

(DownInFlames85) #49

Agreed.
Gears 1 DLC Maps were phenomenal back then - Garden, Process, Old Bones, my personal favorite in Subway, of course Raven Down. Even Bullet Marsh (yes, I had a few fun matches in BM too.)

(Avenge Her) #50

Canals, no cap

(Duffman GB) #51

I watched a few fly-throughs of Gears 1 and 2 maps yesterday, God they were bleak…and awesome!

(DownInFlames85) #52

Right?

I liked to troll my friends by playing RAAM in Bullet Marsh and hiding in the dark, only to be trolled by the Kryll swooping down on me like vultures, lol. Fun times.

(S T Y R A N K l) #53

Ultimately it depends on the gametype. But since I have to name one, it’ll be Canals.

To me, it’s the perfect “small scale” Gears map. Just the right amount of ranged and close quarters combat options for the map of its size. Plus, I kinda prefer not having the most powerful weapons in play. Not saying I hate Boomshot and Dropshot. I just occasionally enjoy a map where I don’t need to prioritize them every time the weapon is about to re-spawn.