Gears Forums

Beast Mode & Overrun In Gears 5 would be awesome

(GearsCharacters) #1

Both game modes are fun and they allow you to play as the Locust. I mean I would love any mode that allows you to play as your Swarm & Locust Characters. Gears 5 should come with both play list.

Beast Mode
Overrun

We need a game mode that we can play as all are Swarm & Locust Characters just like Horde In Gears 5
(Duffman GB) #2

They would indeed :+1:

(NUBinbound) #3

if they do a beast mode for gears 5 i really hope they add progression like getting 100 kills as the grenadier gives you more health as that “fighter”

(HamsterDab142) #4

Just overrun bro. That horde mode is boring. that just be an offline feature with campaign. WE NEED OVERRUN BACK !!AT LEAST A REMASTER OF THE 1ST

(GearsCharacters) #5

We need a game mode that we can play as all are Swarm or Locust Characters just like Horde In Gears 5

(illusoryMage) #6

Before I post and everyone says it, I realize this is basically like Warzone in Halo, but on a larger scale. It’s also a pipe dream that is likely impossible… The Gears servers can barely handle 10 players on a good day, 50 would probably cause them to explode.

PVPVE
Titanfall style bots plus normal pvp so noobs won’t rage quit, massive maps, normal two teams, objective based, but also attrition focus
Eventually team will run out of respawns. Basically a cross between tdm and overrun and SnD. A few control points to destroy, a few neutral areas to cohalntrol like hardpoint in cod that allow whoever controls it to respawn at that place.
50 players, drop in drop out,
horde 3.0 style skills,
vehicles,
COG Packhorse, rideable mechs, apc, mule motorcycles, RC Kestrel helicopters, king raven,
Swarm: playable Snatcher, pouncers, swarmak, Scions, infected DBs,

Also ai kills would just be random variations on what I already named, and wouldn’t count toward completion of the round, it would just be a points thing for noobs to feel better about themselves and not quit. We do need some new blood in this series not just the hardcore players that have been fans since 06.

(Sgt Fergus) #7

I heard a few game modes from the community,

One was a battle royale mode, ya ya i know there are hates going to go psycho but there are those that would like it and gears 5 battle royale with gnashers would be funny to see. but i had prior experience to this before battle royale was a game mode, someone made a mod in gears of war 1 pc where they somehow enabled a 50v50 game mode with 1 life. didn’t have an enclosing circle though but the map was small enough you couldn’t hide. and it was funny to watch. it came down to 5 or 6 players left on 1 team and like 20 players on the other team and the 5/6 players on 1 team were all holding out in a room for their life as the other team, with their 20 players, just rushed in and it was a slaughter-fest it was hilarious. So after seeing that I actually think it would be fun to see.

Another gamemode I heard people would like to see is a mode called “Carnage Mode” basically takes BTB and cranks it up to 10. burmaks, centaurs, etc basically vehicle gameplay with tons of anti-vehicle weapons and counters and just a complete bloodbath. It is true Carnage.

And then people mentioned bringing back classic modes like overrun and beast mode but someone even mentioned the idea of beast mode and horde mode combined where like either you start off 5v5 or maybe even 10 players and if you die you go on the bot team and try to overrun the survivors. so it’s like Horde mode but with an infection game type element.

They were so popular they made it into my list of the top 10 most requested features for gears 5 by request of the Gears community.