Auto assist is too strong

Auto assist is too strong? Pulls way too much while aiming with sniper. Idk if it was in core before in gears 4 but damn is it noticeable in the tech test

4 Likes

Was def in core lol

No where as bad as it is in gears 5?

2 Likes

I’d wager they’re the same, but I haven’t tested it out on Gears 5

Yes, it needs to be toned down.

Aim-assist is being used to create the new “core” and “comp” and that is not right in my opinion.

4 Likes

Pulls way more in gears 5 I’ve noticed

4 Likes

Its too strong indeed and makes sniping and basic aiming way more difficult, also you can not turn it off, even if people come and tell you otherwise without having a clue what you can and cannot do in the options. I made a forum post about this before too

They already said they might let you turn it off.

If you really don’t like it, play Esc or whatever mode will be under Comp.

Until then, get used to it or wait to TC to have a toggle.

The aim assist on rifles and precision weapons is very strong in Gears 5. Noticeably stronger than Gears of War 4. A toggle isn’t enough; it needs to be toned down. The game is essentially performing basic tracking for the player. It doesn’t make for a good competitive experience.

If TC wants to keep it in arcade, I’d suggest against it, but it would be understandable. It needs to be toned down to Gears 4 levels or lower in every other mode.

5 Likes

Even after everyone thought having different weapon tunings in Gears 4 wasn’t a good idea, TC doubled down with this. At this point I think Kemco or ratalaika games would be a better fit for this series.

2 Likes

lol, why is it even there like that? ignorant devs strike again. One weapon tuning but one has aim assist? I hate this franchise. Just ignorant people created something great once.

4 Likes

It’s definitely noticeable in Gears 5 and it’s kind of annoying honestly. I barely notice the aim assist in Gears 4.

4 Likes

Yeah mate just not playing 85% of the game you purchased is a nice win-win solution for the players and the devs alike. But yeah if i want some dumbed down casual shooter im rather going to play gta, and you see its like the 5th post in this certain matter so im not the only one whos annoyed by how they destroy the skill curve of a “competitive” game, not to mention other mechanics
Its just sad, cause this would be the only game i buy in years

2 Likes

Is that what’s so off about the aiming? Gears 4 is literally the only game I ever play before this and I’ve got 3000+ hours into it. My sensitivities are exactly the same on 5 as in 4 yet aiming is so screwy and it’s not the recoil as this happens s when I simply move my reticle. It’s just complete ■■■ tbh.

1 Like

The sensitivities are just off or reduced in this game.

1 Like

movement too

Movement was inconsistent for me last weekend. I havent been home this weekend. I had matches that felt really smooth. I feel like maybe some of this stuff will be ironed out in the retail version.

But we will see. But as far as sensitivities im not sure if its intentionally reduced or if there is input lag.

I’m not a fan of the auto aim especially in Gears 5. I think it takes away from a player’s skill level. The best I’ve seen so far in Gears 4 horde when a drop shot take a immediate right and someone gets a head shot.

1 Like

I agree auto aim should not be a thing in Ranked.

4 Likes