Are things really so different since Gears of War 2?

Ok so solid during games, just different stable pings depending on network load.
back to square one then : It does not make sense!

Yeah I’ve done as much as I can.
Router configured, my ethernet cables in and only 2m, isp harassed and harassed and harassed ( I did this during g4 a lot as I could not believe that the game could be soo effed up sometimes).
The crap (copper) part of my connection is only 100 odd meters. All wifi devices or other connections are off when I game, so there is no sharing bandwidth.
I don’t think there is more I can do beyond paying an extortionate amount for FTTP.

I am at the point that if a TC employee looked at this and trolled me explaining how it’s my fault and to fix my issues before blaming them. I’d not even be annoyed just effing grateful to find out what was wrong.

Check if your router has any settings for QoS. That should enable you to prioritize traffic requiring lower latency.

1 Like

I would rather just wait until everyone is offline. My gaming time is that not big of a priority.

Ill agree with you here. Its close between 3, but 4 i think is the most refined and tight PVP experience. I like it the best as it encompasses IMO the highest skill gap. And that to me is why i have always loved Gears Of War.

1 Like

When Gears 5 is performing the way it should, it’s facts.

2 Likes

Gears 5 is definitely the best game play experience yeah… the 10% of the time I get a decent connection :sob:

2 Likes

so never? got it

Gears 4. Terrible launch, tons of RNG, and ridiculous store prices, but IMO was the most refined Gears game ever made both in PVP and PVE. Yet people ■■■■ on this game for years and continued to sing Epic’s praises. Now everyone looks back on this like its the best Gears ever.

This. THIS. When Gears 4 came out, it was viewed like the plague. Now all of a sudden, Gears 4 is the game everyone was looking for? Amazing how people’s opinions shift like that. Also, lol host advantage. Literally increased your damage output.

1 Like

It’s called trolling

People are so stupid I wouldn’t put it past them to be genuine.

There are some people who truly think Myrrah is the Swarm announcer. I’m putting nothing past them.

Look man, I assume everyone is smart.

If someone is making a false statement then that’s a troll to me.