Gears Forums

Are the developers going to screw us on the midnight omen and flaming skin weapons like they did Judgement?

horde
versus

(xEaglExAssassin) #1

I will not buy Gears 5 if screwed on these achievements.

(ll R E D l) #2

I mean theres been multiple chance to get them. Also from what I’ve read the flaming skins will be craftable at some point in the future

(Bleeding Pepper) #3

If this is a pre-requisite for you to buy a game, then I really don’t know what to say or think…

(mendigo2005) #4

Bet you won’t…

(T0NY HAYABUSA) #5

Ok…See you in Gears 5

(Potato Boy 025) #6

the good ol “I won’t purchase your product if you don’t change this” threat. Why do you people think this’ll hurt the game sales? I’m no genius when it comes to game marketing but have you ever heard the saying you can’t satisfy them all?

(Stoic Slab) #7

I actually sympathize with this. Failing to do so would demonstrate a lack of foresight on TC’s part.

However, the plans are that by the time Gears 5 comes out, the midnight and flame skins will become craftable so players can still earn them even if they miss out on the events.

(TheDeuterostome) #8

If you look at the new challenges that came out. The achievement pick on the show midnight omen unlocks. So if you wait a couple of weeks you will be able to get them.

Maybe instead of crying about something and saying your going to quit, try looking into something . It will help you not look like an idiot. You have had many opportunities to unlock these. Consider yourself lucky that they are going to give you another chance.

(Stoic Slab) #9

I respectfully disagree.

Being unable to earn achievements due to something like a low active player count is an unfortunate and unavoidable reality, but locking them for good based on timed events is unfair. At this point, achievements should be considered a fundamental part of the Xbox experience and if a developer can’t even get those right, then I they deserve every bit of scrutiny.

(AIR IK BREATHES) #10

You should just wait until Gears 5 releases to use a $1 a month Game Pass so you can try it out. That’s what I’m going to do.

(sancris777) #11

There are a lot of bigger reasons why I would say i won’t buy Gears 5 if a certain error is still present…but a weapon skin?

(mike yaworski) #12

TC said they won’t do the same as Judgment and will eventually make them craftable, though it may be 1-2 years down the road.

(DAVID THE CLOWN) #13

And at that point there will be 10-15 people still playing this game🤣

(DLCarr17) #14

I’m sure the chance to get them will come back but I can also tell you what won’t work, Threatening to not buy Gears 5 if they don’t do what you want.

You’ll always get more bees with Honey than Vinegar or whatever the saying is.

(Circa Darkrage) #15

You wont be screwed. Unlike Gears Judgment, these achievements can be made do-able by making the cards craftable.

So when TC moves onto Gears 5, they can make every Flaming and Midnight Omen skin craftable, so 5 skins from each, presuming the rarity stays the same, will cost you 3500 scrap. It may take a while if you are starting from anew, but if you play Multiplayer and Horde naturally, whilst keeping an eye on this, it will happen if you put the effort in.

Gears Judgment is a entirely different ball game. One which I’m a bit disappointed that hasn’t been dealt with, and is unlikely to be dealt with ever, I understand the reasoning, but it should have been communicated earlier, rather than telling us something that wasn’t going to happen for a very long time.

TL;DR, they will be craftable in the future (probs Gears 5 release).

(Stoic Slab) #16

I’m under the suspicion that they didn’t say anything because they didn’t want to raise anybody’s hopes, only to later admit they couldn’t find a solution and have everyone say, “BUT YOU PROMISED!”

(ll R E D l) #17

There was a post a while back where they said they would make them craftable down the road

(HayMaker304) #18

I just want my Midnight Omen Dropshot

(Stoic Slab) #19

I know, but I was referring to the Judgment achievements.

I don’t know if they have truly given up on getting them working again (given the circumstances, I don’t fault them); but I believe that they didn’t want divulge too much on their progress because they weren’t sure they would succeed.

Its just like a few years ago surrounding whether Gears 4 would get enhancements on the Xbox One X. At first they said it would get at least 4k support, but not 60fps for campaign or horde. Closer to launch, they came out and said that both modes would get the frame-rate boost after all.

I’m almost certain TC said the game wouldn’t get the performance boost because they had serious doubts - which I think is understandable, especially considering the backlash they’d get if the opposite had happened: hinting that they were trying but ultimately failing, leading to folks saying they lied somehow.

(Circa Darkrage) #20

TBF, they never promised that they would have a solution, but I do remember vividly that Pez Radar said a couple of months before Gears 4 released that they would look into it after the content for Gears 4 died down.

I was just a bit disappointed that they put people’s hopes up for them to be slashed down. If they said from the start, “Well, we probably wont have a part of the studio set for 360 testing anymore, so it might not happen.”

I’m not saying it is Pez’s or anyone’s fault, times change, strategies change, but a lot of people were disappointed, we held onto this for nearly 2 years, and for TC to say it wont be happening unless MS step in (not exactly, but that’s where we are now with the Sybarite achievement), was a kick in the unmentionables.

I find it a bit frustrating, as people have had issues with this achievement for 4/5 years now, and whilst I appreciate the difficulty in getting the achievement fixed in-house, its gone on for too many years.